|Furman||C Reddick 12.5||C Reddick 6.3||J Loyd 4.0|
|Samford||T Williams 14.2||T Williams 7.1||R Kelly 4.7|
Samford takes on Furman in the quarterfinals of the SoCon Tournament at Asheville Civic Center on Saturday. Tipoff is at 2:30 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ESPN3.com. The Bulldogs lost to the Paladins 55-51 on Mar. 8 and are 3-7 against them over the last four years. Samford has lost its last four games.
The Bulldogs fell 55-51 to Furman on Mar. 8. Tim Williams finished with 15 points and six rebounds in the loss. The do-it-all performer chips in a team-leading 14.2 points per game, 7.1 rebounds per game, and 1.5 steals per game. For the Paladins, Charlie Reddick finished with eight points and 10 rebounds in the 55-51 win over Samford on Mar. 8. He contributes 5.4 rebounds per game in addition to his 9.4 points per game.
- Samford has a much lower average debt at graduation according to Kiplinger than Furman ($15,702 vs. $27,373).
- The Samford blocks leader (Tim Williams, 35 blocks) has more blocks than the Furman blocks leader (Kendrec Ferrara, 30 blocks).
- Samford has a stronger schedule than Furman this season (SOS Rank: No. 254 vs. No. 310).
- Samford is ranked higher than Furman in SoCon (No. 5 vs. No. 12).
- Samford has a better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (51.1 percent to 42.2 percent).
- Boom! Samford crushed Furman by 11 points the last time they played (Feb 16, 2013).
- The Samford assist leader (Raijon Kelly, 146 assists) has more assists than the Furman assist leader (Stephen Croone, 102 assists).
- It's only wins and losses, but Samford has a better overall record than Furman this season (11-20 vs. 6-23).
- Even computers respect Samford more. Samford has a better RPI this season than Furman (RPI: No. 281 vs. No. 343).
- Samford has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Furman ($30,166 vs. $48,770).
|C||C. Geffrard Jr.||28||11||4||1||1||1||2|