|Maryland||D Wells 12.2||A Len 8.1||P Howard 3.8|
|Virginia||J Harris 17.1||A Mitchell 8.9||J Evans 5.0|
On Sunday, Virginia plays host to Maryland at John Paul Jones Arena. The game gets underway at 6 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ESPN U. The Cavaliers beat the Terrapins 80-69 on Feb. 10 and are 5-4 against them over the last four years.
Maryland is in sixth place in the conference and just behind fifth-place Virginia with a chance to catch up.
The Cavaliers fell 53-51 to Florida State on Mar. 7. Akil Mitchell finished with 15 points and 12 rebounds in the loss. He is averaging 13.0 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 8.9 per game. For the Terrapins, Dezmine Wells finished with 18 points and six rebounds in the 79-68 loss to North Carolina on Mar. 6. His 12.2 points per game is the highest mark on the team. From a tempo-free perspective, Maryland is strong in offensive rebounding percentage at 38.4. This is good enough for first in the conference and 17th in the nation.
- Virginia has a much better NCSA Power Ranking than Maryland (No. 21 vs. No. 44).
- Virginia has a much better NCSA Athletic Ranking than Maryland (No. 3 vs. No. 28).
- Virginia has a better record at home than Maryland this season (17-1 vs. 16-3).
- Virginia has a better scoring defense (54.4 allowed per game vs. 63.6 allowed per game) than Maryland this season.
- Virginia has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than Maryland this season (four vs. two).
- The Virginia steals leader (Akil Mitchell, 37 steals) has more steals than the Maryland steals leader (Seth Allen, 29 steals).
- The Virginia three-point leader (Joe Harris, 68 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Maryland three-point leader (Logan Aronhalt, 51 three-pointers).
- Virginia has come back to win after being down at half against Maryland four times since 1996.
- A for effort, but Virginia has emerged victorious against Maryland the last four times they've played.
- The Virginia rebounding leader (Akil Mitchell, 255 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Maryland rebounding leader (Alex Len, 243 rebounds).
- Joe Harris is ranked 3rd in the ACC in points and 4th in the ACC in three-pointers.