|Eastern Kentucky||M DiNunno 15.3||E Stutz 4.6||M DiNunno 4.4|
|Murray State||I Canaan 21.6||E Daniel 10.3||I Canaan 4.0|
Murray State matches up against Eastern Kentucky in the semifinals of the Ohio Valley Tournament at Municipal Auditorium on Friday. It starts at 9 p.m. EST and you can see it on ESPN3.com. The Racers fell to the Colonels 77-65 on Jan. 9 and are 7-1 against them over the last four years.
In their last game on Mar. 2, Isaiah Canaan put up 22 points for the Racers in a loss to Southeast Missouri State, 84-68. He leads the team in points with 21.6 per game, assists with 4.0 per game, and steals with 1.5 per game. For the Colonels, Eric Stutz put up 22 points and 10 rebounds in the 84-69 win over Southeast Missouri State on Mar. 7. He leads the team in rebounds with 4.6 per game and blocks with 0.7 per game. Eastern Kentucky can be found near the top of the conference standings in the following categories: turnover percentage at 17.9 and effective field goal percentage at 54.7.
Eastern Kentucky StatSmack
- Murray State has a better record on the road than Eastern Kentucky this season (8-4 vs. 8-7).
- Ed Daniel is ranked 13th nationally in rebounds and 3rd in the Ohio Valley in blocks.
- Murray State has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (71.3 percent to 45.6 percent).
- The Murray State rebounding leader (Ed Daniel, 299 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Eastern Kentucky rebounding leader (Eric Stutz, 148 rebounds).
- The Murray State three-point leader (Isaiah Canaan, 89 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Eastern Kentucky three-point leader (Mike DiNunno, 83 three-pointers).
- Murray State players are more experienced than Eastern Kentucky players (14,510 minutes played vs. 12,664 minutes played).
- That must sting. Murray State has blown out Eastern Kentucky by 20 points or more on seven occasions since 1996.
- Murray State is better under pressure, and has defeated Eastern Kentucky in seven out of the last 10 games decided by five points or fewer.
- Murray State attacks the glass, with more rebounds (36.1 per game vs. 27.6 per game) than Eastern Kentucky this season.