Indiana State 51
(18-13, 6-10 away)
(18-14, 14-4 home)
Venue: Scottrade Center
3:35PM ET / 12:35PM PT, March 08, 2013
||D Brown 11
||D Brown 6
||J Odum 4
||E Mockevicius 11
||T Taylor 10
||N Cox 2
On Friday, Mar. 8, Indiana State escaped Evansville 51-50 in the quarterfinals of the Missouri Valley Tournament. The Sycamores now have a record of 2-1 against Evansville this season. The Sycamores were led by Devonte Brown, who got a game-high 11 points and six rebounds. Justin Gant had seven points and added six rebounds. For the Aces, Egidijus Mockevicius finished with a team-high 11 points and seven rebounds. Evansville (18-14) finished the regular season fourth in the Missouri Valley with a 10-8 conference record.
Indiana State Game Notes
- Indiana State started 18-13 during the 2011 and 2010 seasons (since 1996).
- ISU beat the spread by 3.5 points. That makes the 15th time this season the Sycamores have beaten the spread.
- The Sycamores have won eight close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Indiana State is 38-23 in close games.
- ISU has won every game this season (6-0) after holding an opponent to under 35.7 percent field goal percentage.
- ISU has won 78 percent of the time this season (7-2) when opponents record 20 or fewer field goals made.
- This season Indiana State has won 75 percent of the time (6-2) when Justin Gant has six rebounds or more.
- ISU set a season low for total points (51).
- The Sycamores have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past seven games.
- Indiana State has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past five games.
- The top two scorers (Devonte Brown and R.J. Mahurin) accounted for 41.1 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (19) than the starters (12).
- The bench recorded more points (30) than the starters (21).
- Justin Gant has led the team in rebounding in eight out of 31 games this season.
- R.J. Mahurin has six straight double-digit point games.
Evansville Game Notes
- The Aces have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Evansville is 29-29 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Egidijus Mockevicius and D.J. Balentine) accounted for 42.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Troy Taylor and Egidijus Mockevicius) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Troy Taylor has led the team in rebounding 19 times in 32 games this season.
- Troy Taylor recorded the 15th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Egidijus Mockevicius.