|Georgia Southern||E Ferguson 13.9||E Ferguson 6.3||C Reed 3.8|
|Davidson||J Cohen 14.9||D Brooks 6.3||J Kuhlman 3.7|
Davidson squares off against Georgia Southern in the quarterfinals of the SoCon Tournament at Asheville Civic Center on Saturday. The game gets underway at 12 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ESPN3.com. The Wildcats beat the Eagles 83-48 on Mar. 2 and are 9-1 against them over the last four years. Davidson will be looking to extend its 12-game win streak.
In their last outing, behind 20 points and seven rebounds from De`Mon Brooks, the Wildcats blew out Georgia Southern 83-48 on Mar. 2. With 6.3 rebounds per game and 0.9 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. For the Eagles, Tre Bussey finished with 12 points and nine rebounds in the 60-44 win over Wofford on Mar. 8. He contributes 3.4 rebounds per game in addition to his 8.8 points per game.
In terms of team stats, Davidson has an advantage in a single key area, scoring, where the Wildcats have an edge over the Eagles, 73.6 points per game to 62.2 points per game.
Georgia Southern StatSmack
- Davidson has been the favorite 12 out of the last 12 times.
- AP voters think more highly of Davidson and ranked them in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Georgia Southern (25 vs. zero).
- Nik Cochran is ranked 10th in SoCon in assists.
- Davidson has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last five years (67.3 percent to 32.3 percent).
- That must sting. Davidson has blown out Georgia Southern by 20 points or more on 10 occasions since 2005.
- Davidson has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Georgia Southern (four vs. zero).
- The Davidson blocks leader (Jake Cohen, 51 blocks) has more blocks than the Georgia Southern blocks leader (Eric Ferguson, 26 blocks).
- Davidson has come back to win after being down at half against Georgia Southern three times since 1997.
- Davidson has a better record at home than Georgia Southern this season (12-1 vs. 7-6).
- Davidson has a stronger schedule than Georgia Southern this season (SOS Rank: No. 223 vs. No. 308).
- Davidson has a better conference record than Georgia Southern this season (17-1 vs. 7-11).
|D||Mason Archie II||2||1||1||0||0||0||1|