On Friday, Mar. 8, Samford took on Furman and lost in a stunner to the Paladins 55-51 in the first round of the SoCon Tournament. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. Tim Williams put up a team-high 15 points and six rebounds in a losing effort. Connor Miller got eight points and added five rebounds. Charlie Reddick got eight points and 10 rebounds for the Paladins. Samford (11-21) finished the regular season third in the SoCon with a 9-9 record in conference play.
Samford Game Notes
- The Bulldogs have been unlucky nine times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Samford is 30-31 in close games.
- The Bulldogs have lost 91 percent of the time this season (1-10) after having a field goal percentage of 40.0 percent or worse.
- Samford has lost 86 percent of the time this season (1-6) after recording 24 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition commits eight or fewer turnovers this season, Samford has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 14 or more free throws made this season, Samford has lost 92 percent of the time (1-12).
- Samford set season lows for blocks (zero) and turnovers (five).
- The top two scorers (Tim Williams and Tyler Hood) accounted for 54.9 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Tim Williams and Connor Miller) accounted for 45.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Tim Williams has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 21 times in 32 games this season.
- Tyler Hood has four straight double-digit point games.
- Tim Williams has six straight double-digit point games.
Furman Game Notes
- The Paladins won this one, but have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Furman is 18-25 in close games.
- Bobby Austin accounted for 30.9 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Charlie Reddick and Colin Reddick) accounted for 55.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Bobby Austin has led the team in scoring four times in 30 games this season.
- Charlie Reddick has led the team in rebounding seven times in 30 games this season.
- Charlie Reddick recorded the second double-digit rebound game of his career.