(15-17, 5-10 away)
(25-7, 16-2 home)
Venue: Scottrade Center
1:05PM ET / 10:05AM PT, March 08, 2013
||R Carter 14
||J Clarke 10
||R Carter 4
||D McDermott 23
||G Echenique 11
||G Gibbs 8
On Friday, Mar. 8, Creighton took on Drake and came out on top against the Bulldogs 65-53 in the quarterfinals of the Missouri Valley Tournament. The Bluejays move to 2-1 against Drake this season with the win. The Bluejays got a double-double out of Gregory Echenique with 11 points and 11 rebounds. Grant Gibbs had six points and added eight assists. For the Bulldogs, Richard Carter finished with a team-high 14 points. Drake (15-17) finished the regular season seventh in the Missouri Valley with a 7-11 conference record. To get to the quarterfinals, Drake took down Bradley (81-66).
Creighton Game Notes
- The win over Drake extended the Creighton winning streak to three games.
- Creighton beat the spread by one points. That makes the 16th time this season the Bluejays have beaten the spread.
- The Bluejays have won 78 percent of the time this season (7-2) after recording 17 or more free throws made.
- Creighton has won every game this season (7-0) when opponents record 53 or fewer total points.
- Creighton has won every game this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 35.0 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Creighton has won 89 percent of the time (16-2) when Doug McDermott has 23 points or more, 73 percent of the time (11-4) when Austin Chatman plays 34 minutes or more, and 83 percent of the time (15-3) when Gregory Echenique has four field goals made or more.
- The Bluejays set a season high for blocks (eight).
- The last time Creighton recorded at least eight blocks was Jan 03, 2010 against Evansville.
- The Bluejays have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past five games.
- Gregory Echenique recorded a team season high in blocks with six.
- Doug McDermott accounted for 35.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Gregory Echenique and Doug McDermott) accounted for 40.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Doug McDermott has led the team in scoring in 26 out of 32 games this season.
- Gregory Echenique has led the team in rebounding in 16 out of 32 games this season.
- This marks the 53rd 20-point game of Doug McDermott's career.
- Doug McDermott has four straight 20+ point games.
- Gregory Echenique recorded the 28th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Gregory Echenique recorded a double-double. It was his sixth this season and 18th of his career.
Drake Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Richard Carter and Seth VanDeest) accounted for 50.9 percent of the points.
- Jordan Clarke accounted for 38.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Richard Carter has led the team in scoring seven times in 32 games this season.
- Jordan Clarke has led the team in rebounding 22 times in 32 games this season.
- Jordan Clarke recorded the 24th double-digit rebound game of his career.
|D||Gary Ricks Jr.||14||1||1||0||1||0||1|