|Coppin State||M Murray 12.3||M Murray 9.0||T Cephas 3.1|
|Bethune-Cookman||A Coleman 17.6||A Coleman 7.1||K Dukes 3.2|
Bethune-Cookman squares off against Coppin State in the quarterfinals of the MEAC Tournament at Norfolk Scope Arena on Tuesday. Tipoff is at 4 p.m. EST. The Wildcats fell to the Eagles 69-61 on Mar. 7 and are 3-3 against them over the last four years.
The Wildcats were defeated by Coppin State 69-61 on Mar. 7 despite 18 points and five steals from Kevin Dukes. He leads the team in assists with 3.2 per game and steals with 1.7 per game. For the Eagles, Michael Murray put up 16 points and 14 rebounds in the 69-61 win over Bethune-Cookman on Mar. 7. With 12.3 points per game and 9.0 rebounds per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Coppin State StatSmack
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Bethune-Cookman currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (907 to 862) than Coppin State, per the NCAA.
- The Bethune-Cookman steals leader (Kevin Dukes, 52 steals) has more steals than the Coppin State steals leader (Taariq Cephas, 41 steals).
- The Bethune-Cookman scoring leader (Adrien Coleman, 546 points) has more points than the Coppin State scoring leader (Michael Murray, 369 points).
- Bethune-Cookman has more wins over the last 5 years than Coppin State (95 vs. 75).
- Bethune-Cookman has a better record at home than Coppin State this season (9-4 vs. 4-7).
- It's only wins and losses, but Bethune-Cookman has a better overall record than Coppin State this season (12-19 vs. 8-23).
- Bethune-Cookman has an average margin of victory of 7 over Coppin State in 11 wins since 1984.
- Bethune-Cookman is ranked higher than Coppin State in the MEAC (No. 8 vs. No. 9).
- Kevin Dukes is ranked 1st in the MEAC in three-pointers, 7th in the MEAC in assists, and 3rd in the MEAC in steals.
- Bethune-Cookman has a better conference record than Coppin State this season (7-9 vs. 5-11).
|F||B. St. Louis||13||1||2||0||0||0||1|