|Florida A&M||J Adams 14.0||M Teal 5.2||J Adams 3.1|
|NC A&T||L Middleton 12.2||A Witter 7.2||L Middleton 2.3|
North Carolina A&T meets Florida A&M in the quarterfinals of the MEAC Tournament at Norfolk Scope Arena on Tuesday. Tipoff is at 6:30 p.m. EST. The Aggies defeated the Rattlers 64-56 on Feb. 11 and are 5-2 against them over the past four years.
In spite of 16 points and nine rebounds from Bruce Beckford, the Aggies came up short 55-48 against Norfolk State on Mar. 7. While contributing 4.5 rebounds per game, he also scores 7.8 points per game. For the Rattlers, Muhammad Abdul-Aleem finished with 16 points in the 78-67 loss to Morgan State on Mar. 7. He is averaging 9.3 points and 4.2 rebounds per game.
Florida A&M StatSmack
- North Carolina A&T has come back to win after being down at half against Florida A&M six times since 1996.
- North Carolina A&T is better under pressure, and has defeated Florida A&M in six out of the last 11 games decided by five points or fewer.
- North Carolina A&T does a better job contesting shots (38.4 percent allowed vs. 44.7 percent allowed) than Florida A&M this season.
- Be afraid. North Carolina A&T has blown out more teams than Florida A&M this season (five blowouts vs. one).
- The North Carolina A&T rebounding leader (Austin Witter, 223 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Florida A&M rebounding leader (Markee Teal, 156 rebounds).
- North Carolina A&T has a better conference record than Florida A&M this season (8-8 vs. 5-11).
- North Carolina A&T has a better record on the road than Florida A&M this season (5-12 vs. 1-17).
- Adrian Powell is ranked 10th in the MEAC in points, 7th in the MEAC in three-pointers, and 2nd in the MEAC in steals.
- North Carolina A&T players are more experienced than Florida A&M players (14,761 minutes played vs. 8,419 minutes played).
- Austin Witter is ranked 3rd in the MEAC in rebounds and 10th nationally in blocks.