Georgia Southern 60
(14-18, 7-11 away)
(13-19, 10-4 home)
Venue: Asheville Civic Center
11:30AM ET / 8:30AM PT, March 08, 2013
||E Ferguson 17
||T Bussey 9
||C Reed 4
||S Collins 10
||L Skinner 9
||K Cochran 4
Wofford was smoked by Georgia Southern 60-44 in the first round of the SoCon Tournament on Friday, Mar. 8. With the loss, the Terriers are now 2-1 against Georgia Southern this season. Lee Skinner put up nine points and nine rebounds for the Terriers. Spencer Collins got 10 points and added five rebounds. For the Eagles, Tre Bussey got 12 points and nine rebounds. Wofford (13-19) finished the regular season eighth in the SoCon with a 7-11 record in conference play.
Wofford Game Notes
- Wofford has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after recording 44 or fewer total points.
- The Terriers have lost 88 percent of the time this season (1-7) after having a field goal percentage of 34.0 percent or worse.
- When the opposition commits nine or fewer turnovers this season, Wofford has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 14 or more free throws made this season, Wofford has lost 83 percent of the time (2-10).
- When the opposition records 40 or more rebounds this season, Wofford has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- Wofford has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past six games.
- The top two scorers (Indiana Faithfull and Spencer Collins) accounted for 45.4 percent of the points.
- Lee Skinner accounted for 32.1 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Lee Skinner has led the team in rebounding in 24 out of 32 games this season.
Georgia Southern Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Eric Ferguson and Tre Bussey) accounted for 48.3 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Tre Bussey and Cleon Roberts) accounted for 42.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Eric Ferguson has led the team in scoring 13 times in 32 games this season.
- Tre Bussey has led the team in rebounding three times in 32 games this season.
- C.J. Reed has four straight double-digit point games.
- Tre Bussey set career highs with nine rebounds and seven defensive rebounds.