On Friday, Mar. 8, Georgia Southern easily got by Wofford 60-44 in the first round of the SoCon Tournament. The Eagles now have a record of 1-2 against Wofford this season. Tre Bussey had an impressive game for the Eagles and got 12 points and nine rebounds. C.J. Reed had 10 points and added six rebounds. Lee Skinner got nine points and nine rebounds for the Terriers. Wofford (13-19) finished the regular season eighth in the SoCon with a 7-11 conference record.
Georgia Southern Game Notes
- GS beat the spread by 19.5 points. That makes the 14th time this season the Eagles have beaten the spread.
- The Eagles have won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after recording 40 or more rebounds.
- GS has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record 18 or fewer field goals made.
- GS set a season low for blocks (zero).
- Georgia Southern has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past eight games.
- The top two scorers (Eric Ferguson and Tre Bussey) accounted for 48.3 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Tre Bussey and Cleon Roberts) accounted for 42.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Eric Ferguson has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 32 games this season.
- Tre Bussey has led the team in rebounding in three out of 32 games this season.
- C.J. Reed has four straight double-digit point games.
- Tre Bussey had career highs with nine rebounds and seven defensive rebounds.
Wofford Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Indiana Faithfull and Spencer Collins) accounted for 45.4 percent of the points.
- Lee Skinner accounted for 32.1 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Lee Skinner has led the team in rebounding 24 times in 32 games this season.