|Florida A&M||J Adams 14.0||M Teal 5.2||J Adams 3.1|
|NC A&T||L Middleton 12.2||A Witter 7.2||L Middleton 2.3|
Florida A&M takes on North Carolina A&T in the quarterfinals of the MEAC Tournament at Norfolk Scope Arena on Tuesday. It starts at 6:30 p.m. EST. The Rattlers fell to the Aggies 64-56 on Feb. 11 and are 2-5 against them over the last four years.
In spite of 16 points from Muhammad Abdul-Aleem, the Rattlers came up short 78-67 against Morgan State on Mar. 7. He contributes 4.2 rebounds per game in addition to his 9.3 points per game. For the Aggies, Bruce Beckford finished with 16 points and nine rebounds in the 55-48 loss to Norfolk State on Mar. 7. He contributes 4.5 rebounds per game in addition to his 7.8 points per game. When considering the Four Factors, North Carolina A&T performs well in free throw rate at 41.2. This ranks second in the conference and 44th in the country.
North Carolina A&T StatSmack
- Jamie Adams is ranked 5th in the MEAC in points, 5th in the MEAC in three-pointers, 9th in the MEAC in assists, and 1st in the MEAC in steals.
- Florida A&M has a stronger schedule than North Carolina A&T this season (SOS Rank: No. 308 vs. No. 323).
- The Florida A&M three-point leader (Jamie Adams, 53 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the North Carolina A&T three-point leader (Adrian Powell, 52 three-pointers).
- Florida A&M has come back to win after being down at half against North Carolina A&T three times since 2001.
- Reggie Lewis is ranked 9th in the MEAC in three-pointers.
- Florida A&M has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than North Carolina A&T (two vs. zero).
- Florida A&M has an average margin of victory of 8 over North Carolina A&T in 23 wins since 1980.
- The Florida A&M assist leader (Jamie Adams, 90 assists) has more assists than the North Carolina A&T assist leader (Lamont Middleton, 71 assists).
- Florida A&M has a better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (40.5 percent to 36.6 percent).
- The Florida A&M scoring leader (Jamie Adams, 405 points) has more points than the North Carolina A&T scoring leader (Lamont Middleton, 379 points).