Portland State vs. Idaho State: Full Game Preview
|Portland State||A Moore 13.2||A Moore 7.1||L McMullan 3.7|
|Idaho State||M Morgan 12.1||A Hatchett 4.6||T Sanchez 3.8|
Portland State travels to Reed Gym on Saturday to take on Idaho State. Tipoff is at 9:05 p.m. EST. The Vikings beat the Bengals 63-49 on Dec. 20 and are 7-3 against them over the last four years.
Idaho State is in 11th place in the Big Sky and nipping at the heels of Portland State in 10th place.
In their last outing, despite 13 points from Renado Parker, the Vikings fell to Weber State 80-52 on Mar. 7. He is putting up 11.5 points per game while also averaging 5.1 rebounds per game. The Bengals were defeated by Eastern Washington 87-73 on Mar. 7 despite 20 points and six rebounds from Andre` Hatchett. He is averaging 9.0 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 4.6 per game.
Portland State has a statistical advantage over Idaho State in one significant area, scoring, where the Vikings have an edge over the Bengals, 68.8 points per game to 56.5 points per game.
Idaho State StatSmack
- Portland State is ranked higher than Idaho State in the Big Sky (No. 10 vs. No. 11).
- Portland State has a potent offense, scoring more points (69.5 per game vs. 55.9 per game) than Idaho State this season.
- Portland State has more wins over the last 5 years than Idaho State (98 vs. 55).
- Portland State has been the favorite 10 out of the last 13 times.
- Portland State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Portland State is 207 lbs compared to 197 lbs for Idaho State.
- Portland State has a better record at home than Idaho State this season (8-6 vs. 4-6).
- Portland State is a better shooting team (45.6 percent vs. 40.4 percent) than Idaho State this season.
- The Portland State scoring leader (Aaron Moore, 346 points) has more points than the Idaho State scoring leader (Melvin Morgan, 332 points).
- Portland State has an average margin of victory of 13 over Idaho State in 24 wins since 1996.
- Portland State is a better three-point shooting team (37.9 percent vs. 31.5 percent) than Idaho State this season.
- Portland State has come back to win after being down at half against Idaho State four times since 1999.
|D+||D. Winston Jr.||24||7||3||2||1||0||2|