|Loyola Marymount||A Ireland 20.2||A Hamilton 7.2||A Ireland 3.6|
|Santa Clara||K Foster 17.8||M Trasolini 7.8||E Roguemore 5.4|
Santa Clara squares off against Loyola Marymount in the quarterfinals of the West Coast Tournament at Orleans Arena on Friday. The game tips off at 9 p.m. EST and it can be seen on ESPN U. The Broncos beat the Lions 79-56 on Feb. 28 and are 6-5 against them over the last four years.
The Broncos fell 80-67 to Saint Mary's on Mar. 2. Marc Trasolini finished with 21 points and eight rebounds in the loss. With 7.8 rebounds per game and 1.6 blocks per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. For the Lions, Godwin Okonji put up 14 points and 10 rebounds in the 61-60 win over San Francisco on Mar. 7. He averages 5.1 points per game in addition to a team-best 0.7 blocks per game.
Santa Clara looks to have the advantage over Loyola Marymount in one significant area, scoring, where the Broncos have an edge over the Lions, 74.1 points per game to 65.4 points per game.
Loyola Marymount StatSmack
- It's only wins and losses, but Santa Clara has a better overall record than Loyola Marymount this season (21-10 vs. 9-22).
- Santa Clara has a better record on the road than Loyola Marymount this season (7-5 vs. 2-12).
- Kevin Foster is ranked 30th nationally in points, 8th nationally in three-pointers, 5th in the West Coast in assists, and 12th nationally in steals.
- Santa Clara has come back to win after being down at half against Loyola Marymount three times since 1996.
- Evan Roguemore is ranked 32nd nationally in assists.
- Santa Clara has a better record at home than Loyola Marymount this season (13-5 vs. 5-9).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Santa Clara currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (959 to 949) than Loyola Marymount, per the NCAA.
- Santa Clara has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (54.0 percent to 35.6 percent).
- Be afraid. Santa Clara has blown out more teams than Loyola Marymount this season (nine blowouts vs. one).
- Even computers respect Santa Clara more. Santa Clara has a better RPI this season than Loyola Marymount (RPI: No. 90 vs. No. 245).
- Yannick Atanga is ranked 9th in the West Coast in rebounds and 6th in the West Coast in blocks.
|C+||R. Cowels III||26||10||4||1||2||0||1|