|Texas A&M-CC||W Nelson 13.5||W Nelson 7.6||J Jordan 5.4|
|Stephen F. Austin||T Smith 15.6||T Smith 8.9||H Bateman 5.8|
On Saturday, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi visits William R. Johnson Coliseum to take on Stephen F. Austin. It takes place at 7 p.m. EST. The Islanders fell to the Lumberjacks 67-56 on Dec. 29 and are 1-8 against them over the last four years.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi is in ninth place in the Southland, Stephen F. Austin is in first place.
In their last outing, despite 14 points and six rebounds from William Nelson, the Islanders fell to Northwestern State 66-51 on Mar. 7. A crucial part of the team, he leads the way with 13.5 points per game and 7.6 rebounds per game. For the Lumberjacks, Antonio Bostic finished with 14 points and 10 rebounds in the 57-42 win over Sam Houston State on Mar. 7. He contributes 3.4 rebounds per game in addition to his 10.2 points per game. Stephen F. Austin ranks first in their conference in defensive rebounding percentage at 74.9, which also places them fifth in the country.
Stephen F. Austin StatSmack
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Texas A&M-Corpus Christi is 77.0 inches compared to 74.1 inches for Stephen F. Austin.
- Johnathan Jordan is ranked 2nd in the Southland in assists and 10th in the Southland in steals.
- Nate Maxey is ranked 2nd in the Southland in blocks.
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi has a stronger schedule than Stephen F. Austin this season (SOS Rank: No. 245 vs. No. 322).
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi is a better free-throw-shooting team (69.1 percent vs. 60.7 percent) than Stephen F. Austin this season.
- Hameed Ali is ranked 5th in the Southland in steals.
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Texas A&M-Corpus Christi is 198 lbs compared to 185 lbs for Stephen F. Austin.
- William Nelson is ranked 6th in the Southland in rebounds.
- The Texas A&M-Corpus Christi three-point leader (William Nelson, 30 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Stephen F. Austin three-point leader (Desmond Haymon, 29 three-pointers).
|D+||Rex Baxter Jr.||5||2||1||0||0||0||0|