Xavier vs. Butler: Full Game Preview
|Xavier||S Christon 15.2||T Taylor 9.0||S Christon 4.6|
|Butler||R Clarke 16.5||R Jones 5.8||R Jones 3.5|
Xavier travels to Hinkle Fieldhouse on Saturday to take on Butler. It gets started at 6:30 p.m. EST and you can catch it on CBSSN. The Musketeers beat the Bulldogs 62-47 on Nov. 13 and are 3-2 against them over the last four years.
Xavier is in sixth place in the conference and has an opportunity to gain ground on fourth-place Butler.
The Musketeers got past Saint Louis 77-66 on Mar. 6 with the help of 20 points and seven rebounds from Semaj Christon. He contributes team-best marks with 15.2 points per game, 4.6 assists per game, and 1.4 steals per game. For the Bulldogs, Andrew Smith finished with 13 points and 15 rebounds in the 73-62 win over Massachusetts on Mar. 7. He is averaging 11.1 points per game and leads the team in blocks with 0.6 per game. Areas of strength for Butler include: defensive rebounding percentage at 73.1 and offensive rebounding percentage at 37.7.
- The Xavier steals leader (Semaj Christon, 40 steals) has more steals than the Butler steals leader (Alex Barlow, 33 steals).
- The Xavier blocks leader (Travis Taylor, 24 blocks) has more blocks than the Butler blocks leader (Andrew Smith, 18 blocks).
- The Xavier rebounding leader (Travis Taylor, 261 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Butler rebounding leader (Roosevelt Jones, 175 rebounds).
- A for effort, but Xavier has emerged victorious against Butler the last three times they've played.
- Over the past 10 years, Xavier has had more players drafted by the NBA than Butler (five vs. two).
- Semaj Christon is ranked 9th in the A-10 in points and 6th in the A-10 in assists.
- Xavier has a better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (71.0 percent to 63.5 percent).
- Brad Redford is ranked 9th in the A-10 in three-pointers.
- Travis Taylor is ranked 45th nationally in rebounds.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Xavier currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (965 to 1000) than Butler, per the NCAA.
- The Xavier assist leader (Semaj Christon, 130 assists) has more assists than the Butler assist leader (Roosevelt Jones, 105 assists).