Eastern Kentucky vs. Murray State: Full Game Preview
|Eastern Kentucky||M DiNunno 15.3||E Stutz 4.6||M DiNunno 4.4|
|Murray State||I Canaan 21.6||E Daniel 10.3||I Canaan 4.0|
Eastern Kentucky matches up against Murray State in the semifinals of the Ohio Valley Tournament at Municipal Auditorium on Friday. Tipoff is at 9 p.m. EST and you can see it on ESPN3.com. The Colonels defeated the Racers 77-65 on Jan. 9 and are 1-7 against them over the past four years.
The Colonels got past Southeast Missouri State 84-69 on Mar. 7 with the help of 22 points and 10 rebounds from Eric Stutz. He leads the team in rebounds with 4.6 per game and blocks with 0.7 per game. The Racers were defeated by Southeast Missouri State 84-68 on Mar. 2 despite 22 points from Isaiah Canaan. He contributes a team-leading 21.6 points per game, 4.0 assists per game, and 1.5 steals per game.
Murray State StatSmack
- Eastern Kentucky is a better free-throw-shooting team (78.3 percent vs. 69.0 percent) than Murray State this season.
- Glenn Cosey is ranked 7th in the Ohio Valley in three-pointers.
- Eastern Kentucky has an average margin of victory of 8 over Murray State in 19 wins since 1980.
- Boom! Eastern Kentucky crushed Murray State by 12 points the last time they played (Jan 09, 2013).
- The Eastern Kentucky steals leader (Mike DiNunno, 62 steals) has more steals than the Murray State steals leader (Isaiah Canaan, 44 steals).
- Mike DiNunno is ranked 8th in the Ohio Valley in points, 33rd nationally in three-pointers, 5th in the Ohio Valley in assists, and 35th nationally in steals.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Eastern Kentucky currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (959 to 927) than Murray State, per the NCAA.
- The Eastern Kentucky assist leader (Mike DiNunno, 130 assists) has more assists than the Murray State assist leader (Isaiah Canaan, 117 assists).
- Eastern Kentucky is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Eastern Kentucky is 205 lbs compared to 198 lbs for Murray State.
- Eastern Kentucky has come back to win after being down at half against Murray State three times since 2006.
- Even computers respect Eastern Kentucky more. Eastern Kentucky has a better RPI this season than Murray State (RPI: No. 67 vs. No. 133).