|Lamar||S Brown 11.5||S Brown 7.6||D Minor 3.7|
|SE Louisiana||B Fortenberry 14.3||R Johnson 8.4||B Fortenberry 2.8|
Lamar visits University Center (LA) on Saturday to take on Southeastern Louisiana. It starts at 5 p.m. EST. The Cardinals lost to the Lions 67-63 on Jan. 7 and are 4-3 against them over the last four years.
Southeastern Louisiana maintains fourth place in the Southland while Lamar sits at 10th place. Lamar is struggling, currently on a seven-game losing streak.
The Cardinals were defeated by Nicholls State 90-63 on Mar. 7 despite 15 points from Rhon Mitchell. He is averaging 10.4 points and 4.9 rebounds per game. For the Lions, Brandon Fortenberry finished with 23 points and eight rebounds in the 79-68 win over McNeese State on Mar. 7. He puts up a team-leading 14.3 points per game, 2.8 assists per game, and 1.0 steals per game.
Southeastern Louisiana StatSmack
- Stanford Brown is ranked 3rd in the Southland in rebounds and 8th in the Southland in blocks.
- The Lamar blocks leader (Rhon Mitchell, 25 blocks) has more blocks than the Southeastern Louisiana blocks leader (Antonnio Benton, 19 blocks).
- Lamar has a better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (47.8 percent to 45.2 percent).
- The Lamar assist leader (Donley Minor, 107 assists) has more assists than the Southeastern Louisiana assist leader (Brandon Fortenberry, 74 assists).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Lamar currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (940 to 936) than Southeastern Louisiana, per the NCAA.
- The Lamar steals leader (Amos Wilson, 33 steals) has more steals than the Southeastern Louisiana steals leader (Brandon Fortenberry, 24 steals).
- The Lamar rebounding leader (Stanford Brown, 222 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Southeastern Louisiana rebounding leader (Roosevelt Johnson, 217 rebounds).
- Donley Minor is ranked 5th in the Southland in assists.
- Lamar has an average margin of victory of 13 over Southeastern Louisiana in 14 wins since 1985.