|Liberty||J Caleb Sanders 13.6||J Coronado 8.2||J Caleb Sanders 3.5|
|Gardner-Webb||T Newsome 14.0||K Hartley 6.4||T Strange 4.1|
Gardner-Webb meets Liberty in the semifinals of the Big South Tournament at Paul Porter Arena on Saturday. It gets started at 2 p.m. EST and it can be seen on ESPN3.com. The Bulldogs defeated the Flames 71-68 on Feb. 9 and are 2-7 against them over the past four years. Gardner-Webb has won its last eight games.
In a 71-57 triumph over Campbell on Mar. 7, Tashan Newsome put up 15 points and five rebounds for the Bulldogs. He leads the team with 14.0 points per game. In a 61-60 victory over High Point on Mar. 7, Tavares Speaks put up 17 points and five rebounds for the Flames. He is averaging 13.0 points per game and leads the team in steals with 1.1 per game.
- Boom! Gardner-Webb defeated Liberty by 3 points the last time they played (Feb 09, 2013).
- Gardner-Webb allows fewer rebounds (32.4 allowed per game vs. 36.8 allowed per game) than Liberty this season.
- The Gardner-Webb assist leader (Tyler Strange, 128 assists) has more assists than the Liberty assist leader (John Caleb Sanders, 112 assists).
- The Gardner-Webb steals leader (Kevin Hartley, 54 steals) has more steals than the Liberty steals leader (Tavares Speaks, 35 steals).
- Gardner-Webb players are more experienced than Liberty players (11,694 minutes played vs. 10,313 minutes played).
- Gardner-Webb has a better record in close games than Liberty this season (6-6 vs. 4-7).
- Gardner-Webb has a better scoring defense (60.5 allowed per game vs. 70.3 allowed per game) than Liberty this season.
- Gardner-Webb has a better conference record than Liberty this season (11-5 vs. 6-10).
- Kevin Hartley is ranked 9th in the Big South in rebounds, 7th in the Big South in three-pointers, and 6th in the Big South in steals.
- Donta Harper is ranked 10th in the Big South in blocks.
|D||Joel Vander Pol||14||5||5||0||0||1||1|