|Drake||B Simons 14.3||J Clarke 8.5||R Carter 3.4|
|Creighton||D McDermott 23.4||D McDermott 7.6||G Gibbs 5.9|
Creighton takes on Drake in the quarterfinals of the Missouri Valley Tournament at Scottrade Center on Friday. Tipoff is at 1:05 p.m. EST and it can be seen on MVC Network. The Bluejays lost to the Bulldogs 74-69 on Jan. 23 and are 7-4 against them over the last four years.
The 41 points and six rebounds by Doug McDermott helped the Bluejays to a 91-79 victory over Wichita State on Mar. 2. He leads the team with 23.4 points per game and 7.6 rebounds per game. In an 81-66 victory over Bradley on Mar. 7, Richard Carter put up nine points for the Bulldogs. He averages 9.0 points per game in addition to a team-best 3.4 assists per game. A key area of strength for Drake is effective field goal percentage at 53.3, which ranks second in their conference (and 30th nationally).
- Creighton has a much better overall winning percentage over the last five years (69.5 percent to 47.2 percent).
- Creighton players are more experienced than Drake players (17,590 minutes played vs. 13,941 minutes played).
- Austin Chatman is ranked 3rd in the Missouri Valley in assists.
- Creighton allows fewer rebounds (30.1 allowed per game vs. 34.0 allowed per game) than Drake this season.
- Be afraid. Creighton has blown out more teams than Drake this season (eight blowouts vs. one).
- Creighton has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than Drake this season (four vs. one).
- Over the past 10 years, Creighton has had more players drafted by the NBA than Drake (one vs. zero).
- Creighton is a better shooting team (51.1 percent vs. 44.9 percent) than Drake this season.
- Creighton has come back to win after being down at half against Drake four times since 2000.
- Gregory Echenique is ranked 7th in the Missouri Valley in rebounds and 3rd in the Missouri Valley in blocks.
|D||Gary Ricks Jr.||14||3||1||1||0||0||1|