|Portland State||A Moore 13.2||A Moore 7.1||L McMullan 3.7|
|Idaho State||M Morgan 12.1||A Hatchett 4.6||T Sanchez 3.8|
Idaho State hosts Portland State at Reed Gym on Saturday. It starts at 9:05 p.m. EST. The Bengals fell to the Vikings 63-49 on Dec. 20 and are 3-7 against them over the last four years.
Idaho State is in 11th place in the conference and trying to catch 10th-place Portland State. Idaho State has lost five straight.
In spite of 20 points and six rebounds from Andre` Hatchett, the Bengals came up short 87-73 against Eastern Washington on Mar. 7. In addition to a team-leading 4.6 rebounds per game, he chips in 9.0 points per game. For the Vikings, Aaron Moore finished with 11 points and five rebounds in the 80-52 loss to Weber State on Mar. 7. He puts up a team-leading 13.2 points per game, 7.1 rebounds per game, and 1.0 blocks per game.
Portland State has a statistical edge over Idaho State in one specific area, scoring, where the Vikings have the upper hand over the Bengals, 68.8 points per game to 56.5 points per game.
Portland State StatSmack
- Melvin Morgan is ranked 5th in the Big Sky in steals.
- Idaho State has a better scoring defense (63.2 allowed per game vs. 72.5 allowed per game) than Portland State this season.
- The Idaho State blocks leader (Avibakuro Preh, 31 blocks) has more blocks than the Portland State blocks leader (Aaron Moore, 25 blocks).
- Avibakuro Preh is ranked 8th in the Big Sky in blocks.
- Tomas Sanchez is ranked 5th in the Big Sky in assists and 4th in the Big Sky in steals.
- The Idaho State three-point leader (Chris Hansen, 65 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Portland State three-point leader (Lateef McMullan, 39 three-pointers).
- The Idaho State assist leader (Tomas Sanchez, 102 assists) has more assists than the Portland State assist leader (Lateef McMullan, 99 assists).
- Chris Hansen is ranked 4th in the Big Sky in three-pointers.
- Idaho State has come back to win after being down at half against Portland State three times since 1996.
- The Idaho State basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Portland State (70 percent vs. 19 percent).
- Idaho State is better under pressure, and has defeated Portland State in six out of the last nine games decided by five points or fewer.
|D+||D. Winston Jr.||24||7||3||2||1||0||2|