|Wisconsin||J Berggren 11.4||R Evans 7.7||T Jackson 2.7|
|Penn State||T Frazier 16.3||R Travis 7.1||D (DJ) Newbill 4.0|
On Sunday, No. 22 Wisconsin heads to Bryce Jordan Center to take on Penn State. Tipoff is at 12 p.m. EST and it can be seen on Big Ten Network. The Badgers beat the Nittany Lions 60-51 on Jan. 3 and are 8-2 against them over the last four years.
Penn State is in 12th place in the Big Ten and Wisconsin is in fifth place.
The Badgers fell 58-43 to Michigan State on Mar. 7. Ben Brust finished with 10 points in the loss. He contributes 5.3 rebounds per game in addition to his 11.2 points per game. For the Nittany Lions, Jermaine Marshall finished with 18 points and five rebounds in the 66-59 win over Northwestern on Mar. 7. He contributes 4.5 rebounds per game in addition to his 15.3 points per game. Penn State ranks second in their conference in defensive rebounding percentage at 73.2, which also places them 21st in the country.
Penn State StatSmack
- Wisconsin has been the favorite 26 out of the last 33 times.
- A for effort, but Wisconsin has emerged victorious against Penn State the last three times they've played.
- AP voters think more highly of Wisconsin and ranked them in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Penn State (136 vs. three).
- Wisconsin has an average margin of victory of 13 over Penn State in 29 wins since 1992.
- The Wisconsin three-point leader (Ben Brust, 68 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Penn State three-point leader (Jermaine Marshall, 56 three-pointers).
- Wisconsin is a better three-point shooting team (33.6 percent vs. 29.4 percent) than Penn State this season.
- Wisconsin has a much lower average debt at graduation according to Kiplinger than Penn State ($21,552 vs. $28,680).
- Wisconsin has more wins over the last 5 years than Penn State (146 vs. 94).
- That must sting. Wisconsin has blown out Penn State by 20 points or more on 11 occasions since 2002.
- Boom! Wisconsin defeated Penn State by 9 points the last time they played (Jan 03, 2013).
- Even computers respect Wisconsin more. Wisconsin has a better RPI this season than Penn State (RPI: No. 42 vs. No. 173).