South Florida vs. Cincinnati: Full Game Preview
|South Florida||V Rudd 12.0||V Rudd 7.1||A Collins 6.4|
|Cincinnati||S Kilpatrick 17.5||T Rubles 5.9||C Wright 3.2|
South Florida visits Fifth Third Arena on Saturday to take on Cincinnati. It gets started at 4 p.m. EST and you can see it on FSN-OH, Big East or MASN. The Bulls are 3-3 against the Bearcats over the last four years. The last time they played they won 46-45 on Feb. 26, 2012.
Cincinnati is in 10th place in the conference and South Florida is in 13th place.
The Bulls got past Connecticut 65-51 on Mar. 6 with the help of 18 points and six rebounds from Martino Brock. He contributes 3.6 rebounds per game in addition to his 5.4 points per game. For the Bearcats, Sean Kilpatrick put up 12 points and five rebounds in the 67-51 loss to Louisville on Mar. 4. His 17.5 points per game is the highest mark on the team.
In reviewing statistical differences between the teams, Cincinnati appears to have an edge in two significant areas. One concern is rebounding, where the Bearcats hold the advantage over the Bulls, 40.4 per game to 32.4 per game. Cincinnati also has an advantage in scoring, 67.8 points per game to 59.6 points per game.
- South Florida players are more experienced than Cincinnati players (15,752 minutes played vs. 14,514 minutes played).
- Toarlyn Fitzpatrick is ranked 10th in the Big East in three-pointers.
- The South Florida rebounding leader (Victor Rudd, 199 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Cincinnati rebounding leader (Titus Rubles, 178 rebounds).
- The South Florida assist leader (Anthony Collins, 179 assists) has more assists than the Cincinnati assist leader (Cashmere Wright, 92 assists).
- South Florida has an average margin of victory of 10 over Cincinnati in eight wins since 1985.
- Anthony Collins is ranked 18th nationally in assists.
- South Florida has a stronger schedule than Cincinnati this season (SOS Rank: No. 13 vs. No. 18).
- South Florida beat Cincinnati by 1 point the last time they played (Feb 26, 2012).
|D+||J. Davis III||11||6||3||1||0||0||1|