UCF vs. Southern Miss: Full Game Preview
|UCF||I Sykes 15.8||K Clanton 8.5||I Sykes 4.6|
|Southern Miss||D Davis 15.3||J Mills 7.4||N Watson 4.9|
UCF visits Reed Green Coliseum on Saturday to take on Southern Miss. It gets started at 8 p.m. EST. The Knights beat the Golden Eagles 60-58 on Feb. 6 and are 3-5 against them over the last four years.
UCF is in third place in the Conference USA and would love to gain ground on Southern Miss, who sit in second place.
In their last outing, behind 21 points and 11 rebounds from Isaiah Sykes, the Knights defeated UAB 74-70 on Mar. 6. A stat-sheet stuffer, he leads the team with 15.8 points per game, 4.6 assists per game, and 2.3 steals per game. For the Golden Eagles, Dwayne Davis finished with 35 points and five rebounds in the 88-84 loss to Marshall on Mar. 5. His 15.3 points per game is the highest mark on the team. Southern Miss will hope to exploit their strengths, which include: offensive rebounding percentage at 41.0 and effective field goal percentage at 54.4.
Southern Miss StatSmack
- The UCF steals leader (Isaiah Sykes, 69 steals) has more steals than the Southern Miss steals leader (Neil Watson, 50 steals).
- UCF is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on UCF is 77.8 inches compared to 75.4 inches for Southern Miss.
- UCF is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on UCF is 220 lbs compared to 205 lbs for Southern Miss.
- Boom! UCF defeated Southern Miss by 2 points the last time they played (Feb 06, 2013).
- UCF has a better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (62.4 percent to 56.5 percent).
- The UCF rebounding leader (Keith Clanton, 256 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Southern Miss rebounding leader (Jonathan Mills, 221 rebounds).
- UCF players are more experienced than Southern Miss players (12,302 minutes played vs. 9,133 minutes played).
- UCF has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than Southern Miss this season (two vs. zero).
- Over the past 10 years, UCF has had more players drafted by the NBA than Southern Miss (one vs. zero).
- Isaiah Sykes is ranked 8th in Conference USA in points, 8th in Conference USA in rebounds, 6th in Conference USA in assists, and 16th nationally in steals.
- The UCF blocks leader (Keith Clanton, 62 blocks) has more blocks than the Southern Miss blocks leader (Daveon Boardingham, 34 blocks).
|C+||C. Newell Jr.||32||12||2||3||2||0||2|
|D||Robert King III||3||1||1||0||0||0||0|