|Southern Utah||J Stevenett 18.1||J Cheesman 6.1||D Heuir 3.3|
|North Dakota||T Huff 19.4||T Huff 7.1||J Webb 4.0|
Southern Utah heads to Sioux Center on Saturday to take on North Dakota. It gets started at 3 p.m. EST. The Thunderbirds defeated the Fighting Sioux 79-67 on Dec. 17.
Southern Utah is currently in sixth place in the Big Sky and North Dakota is in third place.
In their last game on Mar. 7, Jackson Stevenett put up 25 points and seven rebounds for the Thunderbirds in a loss to Northern Colorado, 66-58. His 18.1 points per game is the highest mark on the team. For the Fighting Sioux, Troy Huff finished with 34 points in the 78-74 win over Eastern Washington on Mar. 2. He contributes a team-leading 19.4 points per game, 7.1 rebounds per game, and 2.3 steals per game.
North Dakota StatSmack
- Jayson Cheesman is ranked 6th in the Big Sky in rebounds and 3rd in the Big Sky in blocks.
- Jackson Stevenett is ranked 2nd in the Big Sky in points and 7th in the Big Sky in rebounds.
- Southern Utah attacks the glass, with more rebounds (37.6 per game vs. 33.6 per game) than North Dakota this season.
- Southern Utah is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Southern Utah is 205 lbs compared to 192 lbs for North Dakota.
- The Southern Utah three-point leader (Damon Heuir, 54 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the North Dakota three-point leader (Aaron Anderson, 50 three-pointers).
- The Southern Utah rebounding leader (Jayson Cheesman, 177 rebounds) has more rebounds than the North Dakota rebounding leader (Troy Huff, 149 rebounds).
- Southern Utah is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Southern Utah is 78.4 inches compared to 76.5 inches for North Dakota.
- The Southern Utah scoring leader (Jackson Stevenett, 482 points) has more points than the North Dakota scoring leader (Troy Huff, 407 points).
- Southern Utah has more wins over the last 5 years than North Dakota (65 vs. 59).
- Boom! Southern Utah crushed North Dakota by 12 points the last time they played (Dec 17, 2012).