(12-18, 6-11 away)
San Diego 62
(15-17, 11-6 home)
Venue: Orleans Arena
11:30PM ET / 8:30PM PT, March 07, 2013
||S Davis 19
||S Davis 11
||A Russell 2
||J Dee 16
||C Manresa 11
||C Anderson 5
On Thursday, Mar. 7, Pepperdine suffered a heartbreaking loss against San Diego 62-59 in the second round of the West Coast Tournament. The Waves are now 0-3 against San Diego this season. Stacy Davis earned a double-double in a losing effort with a game-high 19 points and 11 rebounds. Lorne Jackson had 10 points and added two rebounds. Chris Manresa got nine points and 11 rebounds for the Toreros. This makes five losses in a row for the Waves. Pepperdine (12-18) finished the regular season eighth in the West Coast with a 4-12 record in conference play.
Pepperdine Game Notes
- Pepperdine beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 15th time this season the Waves have beaten the spread.
- The Waves have been unlucky four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Pepperdine is 24-26 in close games.
- Pepperdine has lost 83 percent of the time this season (1-5) after committing 18 or more turnovers.
- The Waves have lost 75 percent of the time this season (2-6) after having a three-point percentage of 28.6 percent or worse.
- Pepperdine has lost 75 percent of the time this season (2-6) after recording 30 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition records 14 or more free throws made this season, Pepperdine has lost 79 percent of the time (3-11).
- Pepperdine set a season low for blocks (zero).
- Stacy Davis accounted for 32.2 percent of the team's points.
- Stacy Davis accounted for 36.6 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Stacy Davis has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 16 times in 30 games this season.
- Stacy Davis recorded the eighth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Stacy Davis has five straight double-digit point games.
- Stacy Davis recorded a double-double. It was the sixth of his career.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Moriba De Freitas.
San Diego Game Notes
- The Toreros won this one, but have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, San Diego is 25-32 in close games.
- Johnny Dee recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 11.
- The top two scorers (Johnny Dee and Christopher Anderson) accounted for 41.9 percent of the points.
- Chris Manresa accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Johnny Dee has led the team in scoring 21 times in 32 games this season.
- Chris Manresa has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 32 games this season.
- Johnny Dee has three straight double-digit point games.
- Chris Manresa recorded the 17th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Dennis Kramer set a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
|C+||M. De Freitas||19||8||3||0||0||0||2|