San Diego won by a slim margin against Pepperdine 62-59 in the second round of the West Coast Tournament on Thursday, Mar. 7. With a record of 3-0, the Toreros stay undefeated against Pepperdine this season. The Toreros were led by Chris Manresa, who put up nine points and 11 rebounds. Johnny Dee had a team-high 16 points and added four rebounds. Stacy Davis registered a double-double for the Waves with a game-high 19 points and 11 rebounds. Pepperdine (12-18) finished the regular season eighth in the West Coast with a 4-12 conference record.
San Diego Game Notes
- The Toreros have won five close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, San Diego is 25-32 in close games.
- This season San Diego has won 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Johnny Dee has four three-pointers or more.
- San Diego has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past five games.
- Johnny Dee recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 11.
- The top two scorers (Johnny Dee and Christopher Anderson) accounted for 41.9 percent of the points.
- Chris Manresa accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Johnny Dee has led the team in scoring in 21 out of 32 games this season.
- Chris Manresa has led the team in rebounding in 16 out of 32 games this season.
- Johnny Dee has three straight double-digit point games.
- Chris Manresa recorded the 17th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Dennis Kramer had a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
Pepperdine Game Notes
- The Waves have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Pepperdine is 24-26 in close games.
- This loss extended the Waves losing streak to five games.
- Stacy Davis accounted for 32.2 percent of the team's points.
- Stacy Davis accounted for 36.6 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Stacy Davis has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 16 times in 30 games this season.
- Stacy Davis recorded the eighth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Stacy Davis has five straight double-digit point games.
- Stacy Davis recorded a double-double. It was the sixth of his career.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Moriba De Freitas.