(17-13, 4-7 away)
CS Northridge 88
(14-17, 8-7 home)
Venue: Matador Gymnasium
10:30PM ET / 7:30PM PT, March 07, 2013
||C Standhardinger 26
||V Joaquim 19
||J Tavita 6
||J Greene 37
||S Maxwell 13
||J Greene 6
Cal State Northridge beat Hawaii 88-75 in conference play in a game where they scored 33 points from beyond the three-point line. The Matadors even the season series against Hawaii at 1-1 with the win. The Matadors were led by Josh Greene, who put up a staggering 37 points, with 21 coming from three-point range. Stephen Maxwell played his way to a double-double with 24 points and 13 rebounds. Vander Joaquim recorded a double-double for the Warriors on 16 points and 19 rebounds.
Cal State Northridge Game Notes
- Cal State Northridge started 14-17 during the 2010 and 2006 seasons (since 1996).
- CSUN beat the spread by 10 points. That makes the 15th time this season the Matadors have beaten the spread.
- The Matadors have won every game this season (6-0) after recording 88 or more total points.
- Cal State Northridge has won every game this season (7-0) when its field goal percentage has been 45.8 percent or better.
- This season Cal State Northridge has won 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Josh Greene has six assists or more.
- The Matadors set a season high for three-pointers (11).
- The last time CSUN recorded at least 11 three-pointers was Jan 02, 2012 against UC Riverside.
- CSUN set a season low for turnovers (eight).
- This is the fourth win of the season where the Matadors came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--CSUN has a 4.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Josh Greene recorded a team season high in points with 37 and three-pointers with seven.
- Josh Greene accounted for 42.0 percent of the team's points.
- Stephen Maxwell accounted for 43.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Josh Greene has led the team in scoring in seven out of 31 games this season.
- Stephen Maxwell has led the team in rebounding in 16 out of 31 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Josh Greene's career.
- Josh Greene has three straight double-digit point games.
- Josh Greene had career highs with 37 points, nine field goals made, and seven three-pointers.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Stephen Maxwell's career.
- Stephen Maxwell recorded a double-double. It was his 11th this season and 14th of his career.
- Stephen Maxwell had a career high with eight defensive rebounds.
- This was the sixth foul out of the season for Tre Hale-Edmerson.
Hawaii Game Notes
- Vander Joaquim recorded a team season high in rebounds with 19.
- Christian Standhardinger accounted for 34.6 percent of the team's points.
- Vander Joaquim accounted for 43.1 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Christian Standhardinger has led the team in scoring 14 times in 30 games this season.
- Vander Joaquim has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 30 games this season.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Christian Standhardinger's career.
- Hauns Brereton has four straight double-digit point games.
- Vander Joaquim recorded the 38th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Vander Joaquim has five straight double-digit point games.
- Vander Joaquim recorded a double-double. It was his 12th this season and 32nd of his career.
- Vander Joaquim set a career high with 19 rebounds.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Brandon Jawato.