Northern Arizona 79
(11-19, 5-12 away)
Montana State 83
(12-16, 9-6 home)
Venue: Worthington Arena
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, March 07, 2013
||G Rogers 29
||M Jacobsen 6
||S Saldivar 5
||A Biglow 27
||P Egwuonwu 12
||P Egwuonwu 4
Montana State defeated Northern Arizona 83-79 in overtime on Thursday, Mar. 7. The Bobcats tie the season series against Northern Arizona at 1-1 with the win. Antonio Biglow played brilliantly for the Bobcats and got a season-high 27 points and three assists. Paul Egwuonwu played his way to a double-double with a season-high 19 points and 12 rebounds. Gabe Rogers picked up his third straight game with 24 points or more for the Lumberjacks, scoring a game-high 29 points on 56.3 percent shooting in 44 minutes. Gabe Rogers got a game-high 29 points for the Lumberjacks, making 7 of 12 from three-point range. The next game will be on Saturday, Mar. 9 when Montana State (12-16, 9-10 Big Sky) welcomes Sacramento State (13-14, 7-11 Big Sky).
Montana State Game Notes
- Montana State started 12-16 during the 2011, 2010, and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- MTST beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 13th time this season the Bobcats have beaten the spread.
- Montana State has played in four overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Bobcats have played in 11 overtime games with a record of 7-4.
- The Bobcats have won seven close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Montana State is 33-24 in close games.
- The Bobcats have won 75 percent of the time this season (6-2) after recording 13 or more assists.
- This season Montana State has won 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Flavien Davis has 18 points or more.
- MTST set a season low for blocks (zero).
- Montana State has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past seven games.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--MTST has a 2.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Antonio Biglow recorded a team season high in steals with seven.
- Antonio Biglow accounted for 32.5 percent of the team's points.
- Paul Egwuonwu accounted for 36.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Antonio Biglow has led the team in scoring in seven out of 28 games this season.
- Paul Egwuonwu has led the team in rebounding in 18 out of 28 games this season.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Antonio Biglow's career.
- Christian Moon has five straight double-digit point games.
- Paul Egwuonwu recorded the fifth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Paul Egwuonwu recorded a double-double. It was the fourth of his career.
Northern Arizona Game Notes
- The Lumberjacks have lost seven times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Northern Arizona is 24-30 in close games.
- Gabe Rogers accounted for 36.7 percent of the team's points.
- Gabe Rogers has led the team in scoring 17 times in 30 games this season.
- Stallon Saldivar has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 30 games this season.
- This marks the 25th 20-point game of Gabe Rogers's career.
- Gabe Rogers has three straight 20+ point games.
- Gabe Rogers set a career high with seven three-pointers.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Gaellen Bewernick.