|Georgia||K Caldwell-Pope 18.2||K Caldwell-Pope 7.0||C Mann 2.8|
|Alabama||T Releford 15.5||R Cooper 4.8||T Lacey 3.2|
Alabama plays host to Georgia at Coleman Coliseum on Saturday. Tipoff is at 4 p.m. EST and it can be seen on SEC Network. The Crimson Tide defeated the Bulldogs 52-45 on Feb. 12 and are 5-1 against them over the past four years.
Alabama is in second place in the conference, Georgia is in seventh place.
In their last outing, despite 19 points and six rebounds from Trevor Lacey, the Crimson Tide fell to Ole Miss 87-83 on Mar. 5. He tallies 12.1 points per game in addition to a team-best 3.2 assists per game. For the Bulldogs, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope finished with 24 points and 10 rebounds in the 72-62 win over Kentucky on Mar. 7. He contributes a team-leading 18.2 points per game, 7.0 rebounds per game, and 2.1 steals per game. A key area of strength for Georgia is free throw rate at 44.9, which ranks first in their conference (and 10th nationally).
- Alabama has an average margin of victory of 9 over Georgia in 30 wins since 1980.
- Alabama has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Georgia (five vs. two).
- Alabama has a better record in close games than Georgia this season (9-6 vs. 2-6).
- The Alabama assist leader (Trevor Lacey, 96 assists) has more assists than the Georgia assist leader (Charles Mann, 81 assists).
- Alabama has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Georgia ($29,814 vs. $36,436).
- Even computers respect Alabama more. Alabama has a better RPI this season than Georgia (RPI: No. 60 vs. No. 124).
- Boom! Alabama defeated Georgia by 7 points the last time they played (Feb 12, 2013).
- Alabama has come back to win after being down at half against Georgia three times since 2003.
- Since 1998, Alabama has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Georgia (14 vs. three).
- Alabama has a better record at home than Georgia this season (13-3 vs. 11-6).
- Be afraid. Alabama has blown out more teams than Georgia this season (five blowouts vs. zero).