Southeast MO State 69
(17-16, 7-11 away)
Eastern Kentucky 84
(24-8, 16-1 home)
Venue: Municipal Auditorium
9:30PM ET / 6:30PM PT, March 07, 2013
|Southeast MO State
|Southeast MO State
||N Johnson 18
||T Stone 9
||L Nutt 8
||E Stutz 22
||E Stutz 10
||M DiNunno 5
On Thursday, Mar. 7, Southeast Missouri State was smoked by Eastern Kentucky 84-69 in the quarterfinals of the Ohio Valley Tournament. The Redhawks are now 0-2 against Eastern Kentucky this season. Nino Johnson put up a team-high 18 points and four rebounds for the Redhawks. Marland Smith had 12 points and added eight rebounds. Eric Stutz registered a double-double for the Colonels with a season-high 22 points and 10 rebounds. Southeast Missouri State (17-16) finished the regular season fifth in the Ohio Valley with an 8-8 record in conference play. To get to the quarterfinals, Southeast Missouri State outplayed Eastern Illinois (78-68).
Southeast Missouri State Game Notes
- The Redhawks have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after having a field goal percentage of 39.1 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 41 or more rebounds this season, Southeast Missouri State has lost 90 percent of the time (1-9).
- When the opposition records 84 or more total points this season, Southeast Missouri State has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- SE set a season low for three-point percentage (13.6).
- The Redhawks have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 12 games.
- The top two scorers (Nino Johnson and Tyler Stone) accounted for 46.3 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Tyler Stone and Marland Smith) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Nino Johnson has led the team in scoring in four out of 33 games this season.
- Tyler Stone has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 33 games this season.
- Tyler Stone has six straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Corey Wilford.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Nick Niemczyk.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Nino Johnson.
Eastern Kentucky Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Eric Stutz and Orlando Williams) accounted for 42.8 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Eric Stutz and Orlando Williams) accounted for 41.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Eric Stutz has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 32 games this season.
- Corey Walden has six straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Eric Stutz's career.
- Eric Stutz recorded a double-double. It was the second of his career.
- Eric Stutz set a career high with 22 points.