UC Irvine 62
(17-14, 4-13 away)
(18-12, 12-2 home)
Venue: Spanos Center
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, March 07, 2013
||A Young 13
||A Young 7
||M Wilder 3
||S Taku 15
||T Gill 7
||T Fulton 4
On Thursday, Mar. 7, Pacific took on UC Irvine and defeated the Anteaters 70-62 in conference play. The season series between the two teams is now tied at 1-1. The Tigers were led by Sama Taku, who got a game-high 15 points and four rebounds. Tony Gill had 10 points and added seven rebounds. For the Anteaters, Alex Young got a team-high 13 points and seven rebounds. This makes three wins in a row for the Tigers. Pacific (18-12, 12-5 Big West) gets Long Beach State (17-11, 13-3 Big West) on their home court on Saturday, Mar. 9.
Pacific Game Notes
- The win over UC Irvine extended the Pacific winning streak to three games.
- Pacific beat the spread by three points. That makes the 13th time this season the Tigers have beaten the spread.
- The Tigers have won 93 percent of the time this season (14-1) after recording 70 or more total points.
- Pacific has won 75 percent of the time this season (9-3) when its three-point percentage has been 45.5 percent or better.
- Pacific has won 91 percent of the time this season (10-1) when opponents record 62 or fewer total points.
- This season Pacific has won 73 percent of the time (8-3) when Lorenzo McCloud has 14 points or more and 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Sama Taku has four free throws made or more.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--Pacific has a 12.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Sama Taku and Lorenzo McCloud) accounted for 41.4 percent of the points.
- Sama Taku has led the team in scoring in five out of 30 games this season.
- Tony Gill has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 30 games this season.
UC Irvine Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Alex Young and Will Davis II) accounted for 40.3 percent of the points.
- Alex Young has led the team in scoring three times and in rebounding five times in 31 games this season.
- Will Davis II has five straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Michael Wilder.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Chris McNealy.
|B||Will Davis II||35||12||6||0||0||3||2|
|B-||R. De Souza||17||7||2||0||1||0||1|