Loyola Marymount 61
(10-22, 5-13 away)
San Francisco 60
(14-16, 7-10 home)
Venue: Orleans Arena
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, March 07, 2013
||A Ireland 16
||A Hamilton 14
||N Stover 2
||C Dickerson 23
||C Dickerson 18
||C Doolin 4
Loyola Marymount squared off with San Francisco on Thursday, Mar. 7 and just barely slipped by the Dons 61-60 in overtime in the second round of the West Coast Tournament. The Lions go to 1-2 against San Francisco this season with the win. Godwin Okonji picked up a double-double for the Lions including a season-high 14 points and 10 rebounds. Ashley Hamilton played his way to a double-double as well with 11 points and 14 rebounds. Cole Dickerson recorded a double-double for the Dons on a game-high 23 points and 18 rebounds. San Francisco (14-16) finished the regular season fifth in the West Coast with a 7-9 conference record.
Loyola Marymount Game Notes
- LMU beat the spread by 5.5 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Lions have beaten the spread.
- Loyola Marymount has played in three overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Lions have played in 15 overtime games with a record of 10-5.
- The Lions have won four close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Loyola Marymount is 28-27 in close games.
- LMU has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after holding an opponent to under 38.9 percent field goal percentage.
- Ashley Hamilton recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 12.
- The top two scorers (Anthony Ireland and Godwin Okonji) accounted for 49.1 percent of the points.
- Ashley Hamilton accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Anthony Ireland has led the team in scoring in 27 out of 32 games this season.
- Ashley Hamilton has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 32 games this season.
- Anthony Ireland has 18 straight double-digit point games.
- Godwin Okonji recorded the third double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Godwin Okonji recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Godwin Okonji had career highs with 14 points, six field goals made, and six offensive rebounds.
- Ashley Hamilton recorded the ninth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ashley Hamilton has three straight double-digit point games.
- Ashley Hamilton recorded a double-double. It was his fourth this season and seventh of his career.
- Ashley Hamilton had career highs with 14 rebounds and 12 defensive rebounds.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Alex Osborne.
San Francisco Game Notes
- The Dons have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, San Francisco is 31-33 in close games.
- Cole Dickerson accounted for 38.3 percent of the team's points.
- Cole Dickerson accounted for 50.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Cole Dickerson has led the team in scoring 16 times and in rebounding 24 times in 30 games this season.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Cole Dickerson's career.
- Cole Dickerson has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Cole Dickerson recorded a double-double. It was his 12th this season and 13th of his career.
- Cole Dickerson set a career high with four three-pointers.
- Mark Tollefsen has four straight double-digit point games.