Cal Poly squared off with UC Riverside on Thursday, Mar. 7 and came out on top against the Highlanders 68-62 in Big West action. UC Riverside was up 40-26 at the half, but blew the lead in the second half and allowed Cal Poly to come back for the victory. With a record of 2-0, the Mustangs stay unbeaten against UC Riverside this season. The Mustangs were led by Chris Eversley, who put up a game-high 19 points and five assists. Chris O`Brien scored eight points and added four rebounds. For the Highlanders, Chris Patton got a team-high 18 points and five rebounds. Cal Poly (16-12, 11-6 Big West) gets Cal State Fullerton (14-15, 6-10 Big West) at home on Saturday, Mar. 9.
Cal Poly Game Notes
- The win over UC Riverside extended the Cal Poly winning streak to four games.
- The Mustangs have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 26 or more field goals made.
- Cal Poly has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) when its field goal percentage has been 50.0 percent or better.
- Cal Poly has won every game this season (7-0) when opponents record seven or fewer free throws made.
- Cal Poly has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after holding an opponent to under 27.8 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Cal Poly has won 73 percent of the time (8-3) when Chris Eversley has 19 points or more and 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Reese Morgan has four free throws made or more.
- The Mustangs have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past four games.
- Cal Poly has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the eighth win of the season where the Mustangs came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--Cal Poly has a 11.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Chris Eversley and Reese Morgan) accounted for 51.4 percent of the points.
- Chris Eversley has led the team in scoring in 15 out of 28 games this season.
- Chris Eversley has four straight double-digit point games.
- Chris Eversley had a career high with five assists.
- Chris O`Brien had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
- Drake U`u had career highs with eight rebounds and seven defensive rebounds.
UC Riverside Game Notes
- This loss extended the Highlanders losing streak to four games.
- The top two scorers (Chris Patton and Taylor Johns) accounted for 51.6 percent of the points.
- Chris Patton has led the team in scoring 16 times and in rebounding 10 times in 30 games this season.
- Chris Patton has five straight double-digit point games.