Southern Utah 58
(11-18, 2-12 away)
Northern Colorado 66
(12-17, 8-5 home)
Venue: Butler-Hancock Sports Pavilion
9:05PM ET / 6:05PM PT, March 07, 2013
||J Stevenett 25
||J Stevenett 7
||A Hess 4
||D Barden 18
||D Barden 10
||T Svihovec 3
Southern Utah faced off with Northern Colorado on Thursday, Mar. 7 and was beaten at home by the Bears 66-58 in conference play. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. The Thunderbirds got a good performance from Jackson Stevenett, who put up a game-high 25 points and seven rebounds. A.J. Hess had three points and added six rebounds. Derrick Barden recorded a double-double for the Bears on a team-high 18 points and 10 rebounds. This makes three losses in a row for the Thunderbirds. Southern Utah (11-18, 8-11 Big Sky) takes on North Dakota (14-15, 11-8 Big Sky) on Saturday, Mar. 9 on the road.
Southern Utah Game Notes
- Southern Utah started 11-18 during the 2010 and 2007 seasons (since 1996).
- SUU beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 14th time this season the Thunderbirds have beaten the spread.
- Southern Utah has lost 89 percent of the time this season (1-8) after recording three or fewer steals.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.0 percent or better this season, Southern Utah has lost 100 percent of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition records 37 or more rebounds this season, Southern Utah has lost 80 percent of the time (2-8).
- When the opposition commits nine or fewer turnovers this season, Southern Utah has lost 78 percent of the time (2-7).
- SUU set season lows for blocks (two), free throws made (four), and turnovers (seven).
- The Thunderbirds have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past six games.
- Southern Utah has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past six games.
- Jackson Stevenett accounted for 43.1 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jackson Stevenett and A.J. Hess) accounted for 44.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Jackson Stevenett has led the team in scoring 16 times and in rebounding 14 times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the 20th 20-point game of Jackson Stevenett's career.
- Jackson Stevenett has 23 straight double-digit point games.
Northern Colorado Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Derrick Barden and Tevin Svihovec) accounted for 48.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Derrick Barden and Tevin Svihovec) accounted for 45.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Derrick Barden has led the team in scoring nine times and in rebounding 22 times in 29 games this season.
- Derrick Barden recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Derrick Barden has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Derrick Barden recorded a double-double. It was the 10th of his career.
- Tate Unruh has four straight double-digit point games.
- Tevin Svihovec has three straight double-digit point games.
- Tevin Svihovec set a career high with seven rebounds.