Sacramento State 52
(14-14, 4-10 away)
(22-6, 12-1 home)
Venue: Dahlberg Arena
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, March 07, 2013
||J Dickson 15
||J Eberhard 5
||D Garrity 4
||J Gregory 21
||S Coleman 9
||K Jamar 4
Montana squared off with Sacramento State on Thursday, Mar. 7 and came out on top against the Hornets 63-52 in Big Sky action. With the win, the Grizzlies stay unbeaten against Sacramento State this season at 2-0. The Grizzlies were led by Spencer Coleman, who put up seven points and nine rebounds. Jordan Gregory had a career-high 21 points and added four rebounds. Mikh McKinney finished with 11 points and three rebounds for the Hornets. This makes three wins in a row for the Grizzlies. The next game will be on Saturday, Mar. 9 when Montana (22-6, 18-1 Big Sky) hosts Northern Arizona (11-18, 8-10 Big Sky).
Montana Game Notes
- Montana started 22-6 during the 2011 and 2005 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Sacramento State extended the Montana winning streak to three games.
- UM beat the spread by one points. That makes the 13th time this season the Grizzlies have beaten the spread.
- The Grizzlies have won every game this season (7-0) after recording five or more blocks.
- Montana has won 89 percent of the time this season (8-1) after committing 15 or fewer turnovers.
- Montana has won 83 percent of the time this season (10-2) when its three-point percentage has been 41.2 percent or better.
- UM has won every game this season (7-0) when opponents record 19 or fewer field goals made.
- UM has won every game this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 35.8 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Montana has won 75 percent of the time (12-4) when Kareem Jamar has 12 points or more, 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Spencer Coleman has four free throws made or more, and 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Jordan Gregory has three three-pointers or more.
- The Grizzlies have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past five games.
- Montana has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--UM has a 11.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Jordan Gregory accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Spencer Coleman and Andy Martin) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Spencer Coleman has led the team in rebounding in four out of 28 games this season.
- Kareem Jamar has five straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Jordan Gregory's career.
- Jordan Gregory has four straight double-digit point games.
Sacramento State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (John Dickson and Mikh McKinney) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- John Dickson has led the team in scoring 12 times in 28 games this season.
- Joe Eberhard has led the team in rebounding seven times in 28 games this season.