On Thursday, Mar. 7, Southern Illinois fell to Missouri State 61-53 in the first round of the Missouri Valley Tournament. The Salukis even the season series against Missouri State at 1-1 with the loss. The Salukis were led by Dantiel Daniels, who put up seven points and five rebounds. Jalen Pendleton had eight points and added five rebounds. Christian Kirk finished with 10 points and eight rebounds for the Bears. Southern Illinois (14-17) finished the regular season 10th in the Missouri Valley with a 6-12 record in conference play.
Southern Illinois Game Notes
- Southern Illinois has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-6) after recording 53 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 48.8 percent or better this season, Southern Illinois has lost 86 percent of the time (2-12).
- When the opposition commits 12 or fewer turnovers this season, Southern Illinois has lost 75 percent of the time (2-6).
- Southern Illinois has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past five games.
- The top two scorers (Anthony Beane Jr. and Desmar Jackson) accounted for 45.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jalen Pendleton and Dantiel Daniels) accounted for 45.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Jalen Pendleton has led the team in rebounding in three out of 31 games this season.
- Desmar Jackson has four straight double-digit point games.
Missouri State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Marcus Marshall and Anthony Downing) accounted for 55.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Christian Kirk and Anthony Downing) accounted for 40.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Marcus Marshall has led the team in scoring nine times in 32 games this season.
- Christian Kirk has led the team in rebounding five times in 32 games this season.
- Anthony Downing has four straight double-digit point games.