Louisiana Tech 60
(26-4, 11-4 away)
New Mexico State 78
(20-10, 14-1 home)
Venue: Pan American Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, March 07, 2013
|New Mexico State
||R Appleby 13
||J Johnson 5
||A Hamilton 3
|New Mexico State
||D Mullings 23
||T Watson 11
||D Mullings 3
On Thursday, Mar. 7, New Mexico State won big against Louisiana Tech 78-60 in conference action. The Aggies even the season series against Louisiana Tech at 1-1 with the win. The Aggies were led by Daniel Mullings, who got a game-high 23 points and eight rebounds (4 Stl 3 Ast). Tyrone Watson got a double-double with 12 points and 11 rebounds. For the Bulldogs, Raheem Appleby finished with a team-high 13 points and two rebounds. New Mexico State (20-10, 13-4 WAC) takes on Texas-Arlington (17-10, 11-5 WAC) on Saturday, Mar. 9 at home.
New Mexico State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:03 left to go.
- NMSU beat the spread by 15.5 points. That makes the 15th time this season the Aggies have beaten the spread.
- The Aggies have won every game this season (6-0) after recording 29 or more field goals made.
- New Mexico State has won every game this season (5-0) when its field goal percentage has been 54.7 percent or better.
- NMSU has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record six or fewer free throws made.
- This season New Mexico State has won 79 percent of the time (11-3) when Bandja Sy has 12 points or more and 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Daniel Mullings plays 39 minutes or more.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--NMSU has a 13.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Daniel Mullings and Bandja Sy) accounted for 44.8 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Tyrone Watson and Bandja Sy) accounted for 47.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Daniel Mullings has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 30 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Daniel Mullings's career.
- Bandja Sy has five straight double-digit point games.
- Tyrone Watson recorded the fourth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Tyrone Watson recorded a double-double. It was his first this season and second of his career.
- Tyrone Watson had a career high with seven defensive rebounds.
Louisiana Tech Game Notes
- The bench recorded more rebounds (17) than the starters (eight).
- Raheem Appleby has led the team in scoring 15 times in 30 games this season.
- Raheem Appleby has five straight double-digit point games.
|C+||Terrel de Rouen||13||10||0||0||0||0||3|