(3-27, 2-16 away)
Nicholls State 90
(9-19, 5-5 home)
Venue: Stopher Gym
8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT, March 07, 2013
||R Mitchell 15
||H Webb 9
||D Minor 3
||F Hunter 23
||F Hunter 7
||S Rillieux 6
On Thursday, Mar. 7, Lamar was punished by Nicholls State 90-63 in conference play. The game got away from Lamar early, as they dug themselves a 47-21 hole at halftime and never got back into it. The Cardinals are now 0-2 against Nicholls State this season. Rhon Mitchell put up a team-high 15 points and two rebounds in the Cardinals loss. Stanford Brown had 11 points and added seven rebounds. Fred Hunter got a game-high 23 points and seven rebounds (4 Ast 4 Stl) for the Colonels. Lamar (3-27, 1-16 SLC) gets Southeastern Louisiana (10-17, 8-8 SLC) on the road on Saturday, Mar. 9.
Lamar Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 10:43 left to go.
- Lamar has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-16) after recording 12 or fewer free throws made.
- The Cardinals have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-15) after having a three-point percentage of 16.7 percent or worse.
- Lamar has lost 92 percent of the time this season (1-12) after committing 20 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 90 or more total points this season, Lamar has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records seven or more three-pointers this season, Lamar has lost 100 percent of the time (0-12).
- When the opposition records 21 or more assists this season, Lamar has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- Lamar has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past seven games.
- The top two scorers (Rhon Mitchell and Donley Minor) accounted for 46.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Hondo Webb and Stanford Brown) accounted for 51.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Rhon Mitchell has led the team in scoring in six out of 30 games this season.
- Donley Minor has three straight double-digit point games.
- Stanford Brown has four straight double-digit point games.
Nicholls State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Fred Hunter and Dantrell Thomas) accounted for 48.8 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Fred Hunter and Dantrell Thomas) accounted for 46.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Fred Hunter has led the team in scoring 17 times and in rebounding 18 times in 28 games this season.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Dantrell Thomas's career.
- Dantrell Thomas has four straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 31st 20-point game of Fred Hunter's career.
- Fred Hunter has three straight double-digit point games.