Louisiana Tech lost big against New Mexico State 78-60 in conference play on Thursday, Mar. 7. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. Raheem Appleby put up a team-high 13 points and two rebounds in the Bulldogs loss. Jaron Johnson had five points and added five rebounds. Daniel Mullings finished with a game-high 23 points and eight rebounds (4 Stl 3 Ast) for the Aggies. Louisiana Tech (26-4, 16-1 WAC) gets Denver (19-8, 14-2 WAC) on the road on Saturday, Mar. 9.
Louisiana Tech Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:03 left to go.
- When the opposition records 78 or more total points this season, Louisiana Tech has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 29 or more field goals made this season, Louisiana Tech has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- LaTech set a season low for assists (six).
- The Bulldogs have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past six games.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (17) than the starters (eight).
- Raheem Appleby has led the team in scoring in 15 out of 30 games this season.
- Raheem Appleby has five straight double-digit point games.
New Mexico State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Daniel Mullings and Bandja Sy) accounted for 44.8 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Tyrone Watson and Bandja Sy) accounted for 47.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Daniel Mullings has led the team in scoring 13 times in 30 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Daniel Mullings's career.
- Bandja Sy has five straight double-digit point games.
- Tyrone Watson recorded the fourth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Tyrone Watson recorded a double-double. It was his first this season and second of his career.
- Tyrone Watson set a career high with seven defensive rebounds.