Texas State 61
(9-21, 4-9 away)
Utah State 77
(20-9, 13-4 home)
Venue: Dee Glen Smith Spectrum
9:05PM ET / 6:05PM PT, March 07, 2013
||V Jones 19
||J Wright 7
||P Hawkins 8
||J Shaw 15
||S Butterfield 20
||S Butterfield 7
On Thursday, Mar. 7, Utah State took on Texas State and won big over the Bobcats 77-61 in WAC action. Utah State took a commanding 34-16 lead at halftime and never looked back. With the win, the Aggies remain unbeaten against Texas State this season at 2-0. Spencer Butterfield earned a double-double in the win including 10 points and 20 rebounds. Ben Clifford had 13 points and added six rebounds (4 Ast 4 Blk). For the Bobcats, Phil Hawkins finished with nine points and eight assists. Utah State (20-9, 10-7 WAC) takes on Texas-San Antonio (8-20, 3-13 WAC) on Saturday, Mar. 9 at home.
Utah State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:30 left to go.
- Utah State started 20-9 during the 2007, 2006, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- USU beat the spread by six points. That makes the 12th time this season the Aggies have beaten the spread.
- The Aggies have won every game this season (9-0) after recording 77 or more total points.
- USU has won 83 percent of the time this season (10-2) when opponents record 61 or fewer total points.
- USU has won 83 percent of the time this season (10-2) after holding an opponent to under 30.4 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Utah State has won 76 percent of the time (13-4) when Spencer Butterfield has 10 points or more, 89 percent of the time (8-1) when Marcel Davis has four field goals made or more, and 78 percent of the time (7-2) when Jarred Shaw has 10 rebounds or more.
- The Aggies set season highs for free throws made (24) and steals (11).
- The last time USU recorded at least 11 steals was Mar 05, 2011 against Louisiana Tech.
- The Aggies have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 13 games.
- Utah State has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 17th game at home this season--USU has a 6.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Spencer Butterfield recorded a team season high in rebounds with 20 and defensive rebounds with 14.
- Marcel Davis tallied a team season high in steals with five.
- Spencer Butterfield accounted for 42.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jarred Shaw has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 29 games this season.
- Spencer Butterfield has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 29 games this season.
- Spencer Butterfield recorded the seventh double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Spencer Butterfield recorded a double-double. It was the seventh of his career.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Ben Clifford.
- Ben Clifford had a career high with four blocks.
- Jarred Shaw recorded the ninth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jarred Shaw has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Jarred Shaw recorded a double-double. It was the ninth of his career.
Texas State Game Notes
- Vonn Jones accounted for 31.1 percent of the team's points.
- The bench recorded more points (33) than the starters (28).
- Vonn Jones has led the team in scoring three times in 30 games this season.
- Joel Wright has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 30 games this season.
|A||Basil Brown II||10||8||3||2||1||0||1|