On Thursday, Mar. 7, Utah defeated Oregon State 72-61 in Pac 12 action. The season series between the two teams is now tied at 1-1. Jordan Loveridge picked up a double-double for the Utes including a team-high 17 points and 12 rebounds. Jason Washburn had 15 points and added eight rebounds. For the Beavers, Roberto Nelson finished with a game-high 18 points and four rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, Mar. 9 when Utah (12-17, 4-13 Pac 12) hosts 19th-ranked Oregon (23-6, 12-4 Pac 12).
Utah Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:08 left to go.
- Utah beat the spread by nine points. That makes the 17th time this season the Utes have beaten the spread.
- The Utes have won every game this season (6-0) after recording 72 or more total points.
- Utah has won 80 percent of the time this season (8-2) when its field goal percentage has been 46.6 percent or better.
- Utah has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record six or fewer free throws made.
- This season Utah has won 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Jordan Loveridge has 17 points or more.
- The Utes set a season high for three-pointers (nine).
- This is the 17th game at home this season--Utah has a 6.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Jordan Loveridge and Jason Washburn) accounted for 44.4 percent of the points.
- Jordan Loveridge accounted for 30.7 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jordan Loveridge has led the team in scoring nine times and in rebounding 16 times in 29 games this season.
- Jordan Loveridge recorded the seventh double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jordan Loveridge recorded a double-double. It was the fourth of his career.
Oregon State Game Notes
- This loss extended the Beavers losing streak to five games.
- The top two scorers (Roberto Nelson and Challe Barton) accounted for 54.0 percent of the points.
- Eric Moreland accounted for 37.9 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Roberto Nelson has led the team in scoring 16 times in 30 games this season.
- Eric Moreland has led the team in rebounding 24 times in 30 games this season.
- Roberto Nelson has 15 straight double-digit point games.
- Eric Moreland recorded the 27th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Devon Collier has three straight double-digit point games.