Portland State 52
(8-19, 0-13 away)
Weber State 80
(23-5, 13-1 home)
Venue: Dee Events Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, March 07, 2013
||R Parker 13
||A Moore 5
||D Winston Jr. 5
||D Berry 19
||S Bamforth 12
||F Otis 5
On Thursday, Mar. 7, Portland State was outrebounded 44-23 by Weber State and was destroyed by the Wildcats 80-52 in conference play. Portland State fell way behind at halftime, 41-13, and was never able to get back in it. The Vikings stay winless against Weber State this season at 0-2. The Vikings got 11 points and five rebounds from Aaron Moore. Renado Parker got 13 points and added two rebounds. Scott Bamforth registered a double-double for the Wildcats on 13 points and 12 rebounds. This makes three losses in a row for the Vikings. Portland State (8-18, 5-13 Big Sky) takes on Idaho State (5-23, 4-14 Big Sky) on Saturday, Mar. 9 on the road.
Portland State Game Notes
- The Vikings have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after having a field goal percentage of 36.7 percent or worse.
- Portland State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after recording two or fewer three-pointers.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 50.0 percent or better this season, Portland State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 14 or more free throws made this season, Portland State has lost 92 percent of the time (1-11).
- When the opposition records eight or more three-pointers this season, Portland State has lost 89 percent of the time (1-8).
- PSU set season lows for rebounds (23) and three-pointers (two).
- Portland State has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past five games.
- The top two scorers (Renado Parker and Aaron Moore) accounted for 46.1 percent of the points.
- Renado Parker has led the team in scoring in seven out of 27 games this season.
- Aaron Moore has led the team in rebounding in 17 out of 27 games this season.
- Aaron Moore has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- Dre` Winston Jr. had a career high with five assists.
Weber State Game Notes
- Scott Bamforth recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 12.
- The top two rebounders (Scott Bamforth and Joel Bolomboy) accounted for 52.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Davion Berry has led the team in scoring 13 times in 28 games this season.
- Scott Bamforth recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Scott Bamforth has five straight double-digit point games.
- Scott Bamforth recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Scott Bamforth set career highs with 12 rebounds and 12 defensive rebounds.
- Davion Berry has three straight double-digit point games.
- Joel Bolomboy recorded the ninth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Joel Bolomboy recorded a double-double. It was the fourth of his career.
- Frank Otis set a career high with five assists.
|C||D. Winston Jr.||28||2||2||5||0||0||2|