Portland State 52
(8-19, 0-13 away)
Weber State 80
(23-5, 13-1 home)
Venue: Dee Events Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, March 07, 2013
||R Parker 13
||A Moore 5
||D Winston Jr. 5
||D Berry 19
||S Bamforth 12
||F Otis 5
Weber State outrebounded Portland State 44-23 and pounded the Vikings 80-52 in conference action on Thursday, Mar. 7. Everything went right for Weber State in this one, as they led 41-13 at the half and didn't let up in the second half. The Wildcats stay undefeated against Portland State this season at 2-0. Scott Bamforth secured a double-double in the Wildcats win with 13 points and 12 rebounds. Joel Bolomboy got a double-double as well with 10 points and 11 rebounds. For the Vikings, Aaron Moore got 11 points and five rebounds. Weber State (23-5, 17-2 Big Sky) takes on Eastern Washington (9-20, 6-12 Big Sky) on Saturday, Mar. 9 on their home court.
Weber State Game Notes
- Weber State started 23-5 during the 2011 and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Portland State extended the Weber State winning streak to 10 games.
- Weber State beat the spread by 11.5 points. That makes the 14th time this season the Wildcats have beaten the spread.
- This was the ninth blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Weber State has been on the winning end of 29 blowout games.
- The Wildcats have won every game this season (10-0) after recording 80 or more total points.
- Weber State has won every game this season (8-0) when its field goal percentage has been 55.8 percent or better.
- Weber State has won 83 percent of the time this season (10-2) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- Weber State has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record 52 or fewer total points.
- Weber State has won every game this season (9-0) after holding an opponent to under 36.7 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Weber State has won 88 percent of the time (15-2) when Scott Bamforth has 13 points or more, 77 percent of the time (10-3) when Davion Berry has six field goals made or more, and 100 percent of the time (6-0) when Jordan Richardson has three three-pointers or more.
- Weber State set a season low for blocks (one).
- The Wildcats have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 13 games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--Weber State has a 23.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Scott Bamforth recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 12.
- The top two rebounders (Scott Bamforth and Joel Bolomboy) accounted for 52.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Davion Berry has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 28 games this season.
- Scott Bamforth recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Scott Bamforth has five straight double-digit point games.
- Scott Bamforth recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Scott Bamforth had career highs with 12 rebounds and 12 defensive rebounds.
- Davion Berry has three straight double-digit point games.
- Joel Bolomboy recorded the ninth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Joel Bolomboy recorded a double-double. It was the fourth of his career.
- Frank Otis had a career high with five assists.
Portland State Game Notes
- This was the third blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, PSU has been on the losing end of 12 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Vikings losing streak to three games.
- The top two scorers (Renado Parker and Aaron Moore) accounted for 46.1 percent of the points.
- Renado Parker has led the team in scoring seven times in 27 games this season.
- Aaron Moore has led the team in rebounding 17 times in 27 games this season.
- Aaron Moore has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- Dre` Winston Jr. set a career high with five assists.
|C||D. Winston Jr.||28||2||2||5||0||0||2|