(13-20, 5-12 away)
High Point 60
(17-13, 10-6 home)
Venue: HTC Center
8:50PM ET / 5:50PM PT, March 07, 2013
||T Speaks 17
||J Coronado 7
||J Caleb Sanders 5
||A Chaney 17
||A Chaney 8
||A Weary 3
On Thursday, Mar. 7, Liberty took on High Point and got a slim victory over the Panthers 61-60 in the quarterfinals of the Big South Tournament. Liberty held a 39-22 lead at halftime and then survived the second half comeback attempt by High Point. The Flames now have a record of 1-2 against High Point this season. The Flames were led by Tavares Speaks, who put up a game-high 17 points and five rebounds. John Caleb Sanders also had a good game, scoring 12 points and adding five assists (3 Reb 3 Stl). For the Panthers, Allan Chaney finished with a team-high 17 points and eight rebounds. High Point (17-13) finished the regular season first in the Big South with a 12-4 conference record.
Liberty Game Notes
- The win over High Point extended the Liberty winning streak to three games.
- Liberty beat the spread by 4.5 points. That makes the 3rd time this season the Flames have beaten the spread.
- The Flames have won five close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Liberty is 28-31 in close games.
- Liberty has won 83 percent of the time this season (10-2) when its field goal percentage has been 44.4 percent or better.
- Liberty has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record 19 or fewer field goals made.
- Liberty has won every game this season (5-0) after holding an opponent to under 33.3 percent field goal percentage.
- The top two scorers (Tavares Speaks and Davon Marshall) accounted for 54.0 percent of the points.
- Tavares Speaks has led the team in scoring in eight out of 33 games this season.
- JR Coronado has led the team in rebounding in 22 out of 33 games this season.
- Davon Marshall has three straight double-digit point games.
- John Caleb Sanders has 10 straight double-digit point games.
High Point Game Notes
- The Panthers have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, High Point is 26-32 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Allan Chaney and Dejuan McGaughy) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Allan Chaney and Corey Law) accounted for 53.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Allan Chaney has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 18 times in 30 games this season.
- Allan Chaney has four straight double-digit point games.
|C||Joel Vander Pol||13||4||3||1||0||0||3|