Butler squared off with Massachusetts on Thursday, Mar. 7 and got a victory on the road against the Minutemen 73-62 in A-10 action. Andrew Smith picked up a double-double for the Bulldogs with 13 points and 15 rebounds. Roosevelt Jones had six points and added eight assists. For the Minutemen, Chaz Williams finished with eight points and eight assists (4 Reb 4 Stl). Butler (23-7, 10-5 A-10) hosts Xavier (16-12, 8-6 A-10) on Saturday, Mar. 9.
Butler Game Notes
- Butler started 23-7 during the 2000 and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- Butler beat the spread by 12.5 points. That makes the 16th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- The Bulldogs have won every game this season (12-0) after recording 73 or more total points.
- Butler has won 92 percent of the time this season (12-1) when its field goal percentage has been 47.3 percent or better.
- Butler has won 77 percent of the time this season (10-3) after committing 12 or fewer turnovers.
- Butler has won every game this season (11-0) when opponents record 20 or fewer field goals made.
- Butler has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after holding an opponent to under 22.2 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Butler has won 82 percent of the time (14-3) when Rotnei Clarke has 17 points or more, 100 percent of the time (7-0) when Khyle Marshall has six field goals made or more, and 82 percent of the time (9-2) when Roosevelt Jones has seven rebounds or more.
- Butler set season lows for three-pointers (three) and three-point percentage (15.8).
- The Bulldogs have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past five games.
- Andrew Smith recorded a team season high in rebounds with 15.
- The top two scorers (Rotnei Clarke and Kameron Woods) accounted for 46.5 percent of the points.
- Andrew Smith accounted for 40.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Rotnei Clarke has led the team in scoring in 19 out of 30 games this season.
- Andrew Smith has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 30 games this season.
- Roosevelt Jones had a career high with eight assists.
- Andrew Smith recorded the 10th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Andrew Smith recorded a double-double. It was his third this season and seventh of his career.
- Andrew Smith had career highs with 15 rebounds and 10 defensive rebounds.
- Kameron Woods had career highs with 17 points and seven field goals made.
Massachusetts Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Terrell Vinson and Sampson Carter) accounted for 46.7 percent of the points.
- Terrell Vinson has led the team in scoring six times in 28 games this season.
- Sampson Carter has led the team in rebounding three times in 28 games this season.
- Terrell Vinson has four straight double-digit point games.