NC A&T 48
(15-16, 5-12 away)
Norfolk State 55
(21-10, 11-1 home)
Venue: Joseph G. Echols Hall
8:15PM ET / 5:15PM PT, March 07, 2013
||B Beckford 16
||B Beckford 9
||A Witter 5
||R Johnson 18
||R Johnson 8
||J Fuentes 5
Norfolk State squared off with North Carolina A&T on Thursday, Mar. 7 and knocked off the Aggies 55-48 in MEAC action. The Spartans were led by Pendarvis Williams, who put up 16 points and five rebounds. Rob Johnson had a game-high 18 points and added eight rebounds. Bruce Beckford got a team-high 16 points and nine rebounds for the Aggies. The Spartans are on an eight-game win streak.
Norfolk State Game Notes
- The win over North Carolina A&T extended the Norfolk State winning streak to 15 games.
- Norfolk State has won every game this season (12-0) when its field goal percentage has been 44.4 percent or better.
- The Spartans have won 80 percent of the time this season (8-2) after recording 15 or more assists.
- NSU has won every game this season (6-0) after holding an opponent to under 31.6 percent field goal percentage.
- NSU has won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) when opponents record two or fewer blocks.
- This season Norfolk State has won 92 percent of the time (11-1) when Pendarvis Williams has 16 points or more and 88 percent of the time (7-1) when Rob Johnson plays 34 minutes or more.
- The Spartans have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 10 games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--NSU has a 9.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Rob Johnson accounted for 32.7 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Rob Johnson and Pendarvis Williams) accounted for 43.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Rob Johnson has led the team in scoring three times and in rebounding 7 times in 31 games this season.
- Pendarvis Williams has six straight double-digit point games.
- Rob Johnson had a career high with eight field goals made.
North Carolina A&T Game Notes
- Bruce Beckford accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Bruce Beckford and Adrian Powell) accounted for 41.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Bruce Beckford has led the team in scoring three times and in rebounding five times in 31 games this season.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Jeremy Underwood.