NC A&T 48
(15-16, 5-12 away)
Norfolk State 55
(21-10, 11-1 home)
Venue: Joseph G. Echols Hall
8:15PM ET / 5:15PM PT, March 07, 2013
||B Beckford 16
||B Beckford 9
||A Witter 5
||R Johnson 18
||R Johnson 8
||J Fuentes 5
On Thursday, Mar. 7, North Carolina A&T lost on their home court to Norfolk State 55-48 in conference play. Bruce Beckford got a team-high 16 points and nine rebounds in the loss. Jean Louisme scored 13 points and added five rebounds. For the Spartans, Pendarvis Williams got 16 points and five rebounds.
North Carolina A&T Game Notes
- North Carolina A&T started 15-16 during the 2010, 2007, and 2006 seasons (since 1996).
- North Carolina A&T has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after recording three or fewer steals.
- The Aggies have lost 83 percent of the time this season (1-5) after having a field goal percentage of 31.6 percent or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 44.4 percent or better this season, North Carolina A&T has lost 86 percent of the time (1-6).
- When the opposition records eight or more blocks this season, North Carolina A&T has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- When the opposition records 15 or more assists this season, North Carolina A&T has lost 78 percent of the time (2-7).
- NCAT set a season low for steals (three).
- Bruce Beckford accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Bruce Beckford and Adrian Powell) accounted for 41.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Bruce Beckford has led the team in scoring three times and in rebounding 5 times in 31 games this season.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Jeremy Underwood.
Norfolk State Game Notes
- Rob Johnson accounted for 32.7 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Rob Johnson and Pendarvis Williams) accounted for 43.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Rob Johnson has led the team in scoring three times and in rebounding seven times in 31 games this season.
- Pendarvis Williams has six straight double-digit point games.
- Rob Johnson set a career high with eight field goals made.