Morehead State 75
(15-18, 4-13 away)
Tennessee State 88
(18-13, 12-3 home)
Venue: Municipal Auditorium
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 07, 2013
||D Kelly 16
||D Kelly 7
||D Atkinson 7
||J Cyphers 23
||R Covington 8
||P Miller 10
Morehead State fell to Tennessee State 88-75 in the quarterfinals of the Ohio Valley Tournament on Thursday, Mar. 7. The Eagles fall to 2-1 against Tennessee State this season with the loss. The Eagles got 15 points and seven rebounds (4 Ast 4 Stl) from Angelo Warner. Drew Kelly scored 16 points and added seven rebounds. Patrick Miller recorded a double-double for the Tigers with 15 points and 10 assists. Morehead State (15-18) finished the regular season fifth in the Ohio Valley with an 8-8 record in conference play. To get to the quarterfinals, Morehead State took down Tennessee-Martin (73-66).
Morehead State Game Notes
- The Eagles have lost 86 percent of the time this season (2-12) after having a field goal percentage of 42.4 percent or worse.
- Morehead State has lost 78 percent of the time this season (2-7) after recording six or fewer steals.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 48.3 percent or better this season, Morehead State has lost 83 percent of the time (2-10).
- When the opposition records 88 or more total points this season, Morehead State has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- When the opposition records 35 or more rebounds this season, Morehead State has lost 79 percent of the time (3-11).
- The Eagles have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past eight games.
- Morehead State has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past four games.
- The top two scorers (Drew Kelly and Angelo Warner) accounted for 41.3 percent of the points.
- Drew Kelly has led the team in scoring five times and in rebounding 3 times in 33 games this season.
- Angelo Warner has seven straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Devon Atkinson.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Chad Posthumus.
Tennessee State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Jordan Cyphers and Robert Covington) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Kellen Thornton and Robert Covington) accounted for 45.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Jordan Cyphers has led the team in scoring three times in 31 games this season.
- Kellen Thornton has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 31 games this season.
- Kellen Thornton has seven straight double-digit point games.
- This game was the fifth double-digit assist game of Patrick Miller's career.
- Patrick Miller has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Patrick Miller recorded a double-double. It was the fifth of his career.
- This marks the 25th 20-point game of Robert Covington's career.
- Robert Covington has nine straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Jordan Cyphers's career.
- Jordan Cyphers has six straight double-digit point games.
- Jordan Cyphers set career highs with 23 points and 10 free throws made.