|Nevada||M Story 16.7||J Evans Jr 5.4||D Burton 3.6|
|Colorado State||C Iverson 14.5||C Iverson 9.7||D Green 4.1|
On Saturday, Nevada travels to Moby Arena to take on Colorado State. Tipoff is at 8:30 p.m. EST and you can catch it on CBSSN. The Wolf Pack fell to the Rams 73-69 on Feb. 6 and are 1-1 against them over the last four years.
Nevada is in ninth place in the conference, Colorado State is in second place. Nevada is looking to recover from having lost six games in a row.
In spite of 25 points from Malik Story, the Wolf Pack came up short 75-62 against New Mexico on Mar. 6. At 16.7, he paces the team in points per game. In a 78-56 blowout of Wyoming on Mar. 6, Colton Iverson put up 29 points and eight rebounds for the Rams. He leads the team in points with 14.5 per game, rebounds with 9.7 per game, and blocks with 0.7 per game.
Colorado State has a statistical edge over Nevada in a single key area, rebounding, where the Rams have the upper hand over the Wolf Pack, 40.9 per game to 33.5 per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Colorado State is strong in the following categories: defensive rebounding percentage at 76.4, offensive rebounding percentage at 41.8 and turnover percentage at 16.7.
Colorado State StatSmack
- The Nevada steals leader (Deonte Burton, 38 steals) has more steals than the Colorado State steals leader (Pierce Hornung, 34 steals).
- Nevada has more wins over the last 5 years than Colorado State (116 vs. 93).
- Nevada has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (67.5 percent to 49.0 percent).
- Jordan Burris is ranked 7th in the Mountain West in blocks.
- Nevada has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Colorado State (four vs. two).
- AP voters think more highly of Nevada and ranked them in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Colorado State (36 vs. two).
- Malik Story is ranked 4th in the Mountain West in points and 2nd in the Mountain West in three-pointers.
- Nevada is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Nevada is 78.4 inches compared to 77.4 inches for Colorado State.
- The Nevada scoring leader (Malik Story, 459 points) has more points than the Colorado State scoring leader (Colton Iverson, 405 points).
- Diaper Dandies love Nevada. Nevada has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Colorado State (1 vs. 0).
- The Nevada blocks leader (Jordan Burris, 23 blocks) has more blocks than the Colorado State blocks leader (Colton Iverson, 21 blocks).
|C||Jerry Evans Jr||27||8||5||1||1||0||1|
|D+||Joe De Ciman||5||1||0||0||0||0||0|